AES bugshow

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there going to be a forum meet there?

If so, I'm the dead handsome one...

... with a scorpion tattooed on the side of his head, a pic you wont tell on t'other and the green oval "Land Rover" badge tattooed on the back of me head.

Oh, did I mention I'll be the most handsome one there? :lol:

sheldon...he buys and sells property, and is VERY rich (millionaire). Was told by graham smith, and think he knows pretty good, as he was the one that basically got martin into mantids :wink:

Cheers,

Ian

Yeah, if anyone sees me, make sure to come and say "Hi".

I don't know anyone from off here yet so you'll have to forgive the dumb, blank expression until you say "I'm **** from the mantis forum you thick git".

:wink:[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

hi,

any of you guys been to a bug show thingy like this before? This is gonna be a new experience for me lol.

Better start working to fill my wallet lol :) .

lookin forward to this loads.

Cheers Cammie.

Ian, no chance mate, I'm used to abuse. I get loads from the wife.

I used to sell a lot of spiders at the shows. They used to be great. The anti's caused a lot of problems around the country at shows [so did a certain shop staff] and i dont think they ever recovered. Kettering is pretty good and the BTS show is a great day out and dead easy to get to. Kempton Park used to be good in the "old days" but I heard it went a bit downhill for a while. It's supposed to be getting back up there now though so I'm really looking forward to it.

Other good shows from years ago were the Oldham and Stockport shows. A really good day out, even if selling was slow.

Kempton Park's one of the best, although I think it lets itself down with floor space... Kinda like the sales at Christmas because things like this don't happen as often as I think the should...

I think the only problem for me is "ebay fever" - meaning that i'll go with a few things in mind and leave with 10 times what i went in for.

Bought my first ooth from there!!! :)

yeah, the ooth was very productive :) it was a simple sphodro species (perfect for beginners i guess) and I think i counted about 200. Rather conveniently, my indian stick insect eggs hatched at the same time so there was plenty of food!

First butterfly net and sweep net from there too! - served me well the other day when i went firefly hunting a week ago - didn't even know we had them in this country but it's amazing when you see them!

cameron, yeah, I have been several times, and it is a great show, well worth it. lmao Peloquin, your wife really that bad? :lol: Yeah, kettering this year was amazing, really enjoyed it. That is also a must for next year. Never been to the BTS myself, but was considering going. I belive this particular show has been going for about 25 years or so, so, its had a lot of time to pick up on the negative points from the years before!

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since I've been to any shows, is it still a good place to pick up bargains?? Are the sellers likely to be offering stock cheaper than on their websites?? It's a long way for me too travel to Kempton if I can just pay a bit extra for postage.....£££££££!

Cheers

Alan

I think the advantage of things like this is that you can make offers! I've haggled before and it does occasionally get you somewhere although they know full well that chances are they'll sell everything anyway so...

I've been and they seem to sell things for good prices- but if you're like me, you're going to max out your account on the day anyway! :D

am so pissed off, i've jsut read my uni accomodation booklet and it says i have to be there at 2pm on saturday. It takes me 2 hours to get to bristol from london, so there really isn't a point. I'm a right up sad panda now :( :( But on the other hand, it's fresher's week, it's going to be da BOMB! :D :D

Sorry to dissapoint, looks like this charming man won't be making an appearance at the AES.

Bring on 2006!

I wouldn't mind taking a look at what they have at this show. Bit of a mission for me, but you never know. I might trundle down. :)

FRESHERS WEEK!!! WOOHOO!!! And the cool part is, I'm in third year... we get to organise all the things for the lil kiddies :D (but mainly play pranks on them) :twisted:

If it takes 2 hours, youcan still make it can't you chun?! make sure you're there early when gates open at 11 and you'll be one of the first... you could be out in no time if you know what you want...

But yeah, know the feeling, I have induction days too... and FRESHERS WEEK!!! WOOHOO!!!

Latest posts