AES bugshow

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone. Long time no post :)

So Chun...You going to Bristol UWE? What campus and what are you studying? My Girlfriend is starting there soon (18th i think) and i'll obviously be down there abit.

I might be going to AES. But yes i will have to save up some money first...Hmmm.

Anyways i'm off to work now. Cya later.

I'm going to university of bristol to do zoology. I'm staying at durdham halls at stoke bishop, send me a pic of your girlfriend...then i'l know to avoid her at all cost :D :D :D

hi , i've never been to one of these, i'd really love to go. does it cost anything to get in? how much stuff do they usually have there, do they usually have all the mantids that are talked about on here?

are there any other bug shows in the coming year?

thankyou :D

Hi Johnald,

If you read back through the thread...you will find out a bit more info, or look on the AES website. I think it costs about £4 or something. There are a lot of species, but it is not just mantids, but lots of inverts. The next show (that is worth going to) is the bug show up in kettering. Almost as good as the AES in my eyes, well worth a visit. Nearer the time, I will post up some info and contacts for it.

Cheers,

Ian

I remember martin french's (bugZuk.com) stall 3 years, he had some adult female specimens roaming (or sitting) freely on a piece of wood above the cups containing the nymphs he was planning on selling. It was an amazing idea, it looked really good as well...but it was quite funny when a heirodula jumped onto a woman's arm.

The prices are quite good if you look around. I got some sub adult Gongylus gongylodes for a fiver each!

I'm thinking about going to kettering, it's too far oop north though. Never been further than essex :lol: :lol: Need to see if i can afford a train journey up there (or if i can hitch a ride).

It's at the Kettering Leisure Village.

It's a good show with qite a lot of stuff for sale.

Well worth a train ticket.

My Land Rover broke down a couple of years ago just in time for the the show so I hired a car for the day and it was still worth going.

Sorry, my mistake mate, I didn't read your question properly. :oops:

The show is Next Saturday [1st October] and the doors are open from [i think] 11am- 4:30pm.

:oops: Sorry, I'm not with it at all today.

The show on Sat is at Kempton Park. Not sure of the Kettering date. :roll:

to get to show on saturday from nottingham say by train or coach would i go to London first then get travel from there? anyone got any ideas?

thanks

p.s. is there a minibus or anything going down from up here?

hi,

If any one here is good and trustworthy at packing mantis and shipping them then I need some help. I got plane tickets to the bug show and forgot about how I would take bugs home! Hoping someone who is just driving or something could take my mantis at the aes bug show and ship them to me. I would obviously pay for the shipping.

If any one is ok with it and would help me out then that would be appreciated.

Cheers, Cameron.

hi,

thanks for the help but my flight was suddenly canceled for some reason?

I'm gonna get a bus so may not need to but thanks any way lol.

Sorry to waste time and messages in the forum :oops: .

Cheers thouh, Cameron.

Latest posts