Blepharopsis Consolidated

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out she will for every be a 2 winged mantis :( ( I won't love her any less though :wub: )

Congratulations! Is she still tan or was this a green nymph? So far, I have only had two green nymphs out of about eight that have molted to adults in this generation.
shes an awesome green!! i will post pics in like 15 minutes

my male is still presub though, do u have a fresh adult male and a presub female so i can have 2 pairs again?

sorry it took so long i was watching my wahlbergii molt to adult

here r 2 pics, will take more later, i just got home like 2 hours ago and was on the road since 11 this morning

7618783822_5c7a5bac87.jpg

7618783538_7b0a5f288b.jpg

Mine does that as well and she is fine. They need ALOT of food though! Mine eats 2 bees a day...

I had to hand feed mine her first meals because she was not very coordinated :clown:

shes an awesome green!! i will post pics in like 15 minutes

my male is still presub though, do u have a fresh adult male and a presub female so i can have 2 pairs again?
I had an adult turn green in less than 48 hours once, but it usually takes about a week for them to turn green.I don't have any fresh males right now but do have a couple of pre and sub adult males.

You may only need one male unless he doesn't get the job done. I just removed my only male (been an adult for about a month now) from my female's enclosure. He was living with her for two weeks. He finally mated with her a few days ago. Typcially the females don't eat the males until they have mated a couple of times. But there are no guarantees and are always exceptions.

I may have a surplus female but someone on this thread asked before you did. I'm holding onto my pre and sub adults until they molt and until I confirm my next female's ooths are fertile.

I had an adult turn green in less than 48 hours once, but it usually takes about a week for them to turn green.

I don't have any fresh males right now but do have a couple of pre and sub adult males.

You may only need one male unless he doesn't get the job done. I just removed my only male (been an adult for about a month now) from my female's enclosure. He was living with her for two weeks. He finally mated with her a few days ago. Typcially the females don't eat the males until they have mated a couple of times. But there are no guarantees and are always exceptions.

I may have a surplus female but someone on this thread asked before you did. I'm holding onto my pre and sub adults until they molt and until I confirm my next female's ooths are fertile.
ok well in that case...

how do i speed up the male then???

Alex, you may want to put some water droplets on your hand and see if she is thirsty. I never spray my adults, but if she didn't have food for a while, then she may be dehydrated.

I have a feeding system that works well when one is away for about 7 - 9 days. I can't remember if I emailed you the details...

She should do fine :) How is my male treatin ya?
your male is a HUGE pain in the arse :lol:

i threw like 12 flies in his cage before vacay

guess wat

ALL gone and he is STILL skinny :eek:

other than that he is fine

lucky he didnt burn alive like my male and our females' sis in uknowwho's little blaze

and to the person who STARTED the fire, i am NOT still mad about it i come from an area where it is perfectly acceptable to continue talking or joking about some flaw or mistake someone made LONG after the issue was resolved so please dont get offended we here in my family still joke about when i accidentally pushed my sis down the basement stairs when i was like 5...