Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?? MAYBE ??? awww come on now!

Do you want us to say Please.. is that less cold... Pretty Please with a cherry on top?

Just wanted to put in a note. Sorry I haven't been on much lately.

I noticed a lot of hobbiest want to know about mantis living together and how or what is good for them.

In my experience I find that almost any do good together as long as they are 1. not hungry, 2. used to having each other around, 3. enough room and climbing

things around so they can run and keep out of each others way.

Saying that, I have also noticed the big and clumbsy mantis are kinda like people groups. They are slow to move and like to be just left to eat and be quite, no running around and being silly. But now the skinny smaller mantis, likes to play around and like the small dog chichiwawa, prob spelled that wrong, the little taco bell mexi dog, likes to bite you when u are not looking, so the smaller ones, eat each other faster than the bigger ones. What u think?

QUOTE(hibiscusmile @ Nov 3 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/default/laugh.gif That's too funny, could you tell I was tired. I stayed up extra to take pic and didn't put it on here, so much for the age of computers, I still have to do everything...[SIZE=8pt]I can't believe it[/SIZE]...[SIZE=8pt]mmumble. mumble.blah, /default/rolleyes.gif[/SIZE]
20oz.jpg

i need them cups..im using way to big tubs for what mantis i have..them food isnt easy to feed as it keeps hiding.
Thats exactly what I'm doing for my larger nymph set ups. :)

Thanks! U know, it is down to such a science most Saturdays It takes around 2 hours, which is not bad.
I flipped through the majority of the pages in awe.
shocked2.gif
Such a awesome and inspiring setup.

I didn't notice any cultures or feeder setups in your bug room photos and such. I'm curious do you have a 2nd bigger room where they are stored? and do you have any photos? i apologize if I missed it in this topic - but I am curious to see it too.
thumbs-up2.gif

I thought I had it here, in fact I have a fruit fly receipe on here, so u may of missed it. Depending on weather, I move them to another room. right now the Bugatorium is

really hot, so they are in there.

Here is the recipe page.

Gee it wont let me paste it. But once in on the page here, type in the search for the fruit fly culture and it will show them.

I thought I had it here, in fact I have a fruit fly receipe on here, so u may of missed it. Depending on weather, I move them to another room. right now the Bugatorium is

really hot, so they are in there.
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to photos of your feeders themselves. As I imagine you have quite a large spread of cultures, tanks, etc. to take care of so many mantises. ;) I know my feeder area lately is starting to dwarf my mantis area in size.
laugh.gif

I did find your recipe though, here is the recipe. Great to see what extra you add in either way. :D

Me too! I got out of mantids altogether until recently when one presented himself to me in the garden. Good to hear from you :)

I was admiring these older photos of your bug room!!  I'd love to see your current arrangement!  I love your style, clean and flowery!  I love faux fauna and modified plastic containers!  I'm not into dirt and vivariums, though I admire them.  My thumb has never been green and I love mantids, not plants, lol!  

Latest posts