Building new Polyspilota griffinii enclosures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakyoma

Reaction score
Hey guys. So my Griffins are L5 now, and need to be moved out of their 20 oz cups and given more room. So yesterday I whipped up some 32 oz deli cups in different styles to see which they prefer. As you can see below: One style has little vertical climbing space, and more horizontal perches, whereas the other has a lot more vertical climbing space.

What I've found is that after being transfered, in both cups the griffins spend most of their time on the wall. So it seems more vertical climbing space is the way to go, even though in the cup with more vertical space Titan chooses to spend most of his time on the plastic and not the sticks lol.

The griffins got too big for the width of the 32 oz at halfway through L6. I moved them into enclosures that will hold them at adult, 20 oz sterilite containers. Pretty nice looking, lots of climbing room. And they're aggressive enough that if they see a beetle halfway across the enclosure they go and get it.

Latest posts