Cameron Highlands/Tapah Hills

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah bro, they'd usually just keep a lookout at normal road lights, I'm not sure if they're fluorescent though, but we have the same kind here in Singapore. Move back to Malaysia Yen, it'll be easier for me to visit you then and we can go mantis hunting like every month or so.
hmmm.... need to ask my boss if the Malaysia branch has any long term project assignment for me :D

Went for a short trip over the weekend.

Highest point at Cameron Highlands approx. 6561ft:

P1060773.jpg

P1060777.jpg

Found lots of this Amantis sp. at approx. 4000ft above sea level.

P1060770.jpg

Gonna be breeding them:

P1060798.jpg

Went collecting at our usual spot 2000ft above sea level at Tapah Hills.

P1060831.jpg

Resting area deep in the forest:

P1060902.jpg

My wife found this at the resting area:

P1060905.jpg

P1060910.jpg

Continued below...

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuation of above post...

Give me the rainforests over the Singapore concrete jungle anytime!

P1060960.jpg

Orang Asli:

P1060963.jpg

Caliris elegans:

P1060970.jpg

P1060991.jpg

My wife spotted two Deroplatys sp. mantids:

P1060918.jpg

My brother (khabirun):

P1060921.jpg

And me:

P1060926.jpg

That's Deroplatys trigonodera, of all the Deroplatys species, she just had to spot that one lol...

Yeah Becky, it's a female subadult D. trigonodera. One of the rarer Deroplatys sp.. I still don't get how she spotted it.

Hi.

The first green ones is not Amantis, but some Iridopteryginae, Hapalopeza or something related. The D. trigonodera has an interesting color pattern. I wish the captive ones would be like this, too...

Hi.

The first green ones is not Amantis, but some Iridopteryginae, Hapalopeza or something related. The D. trigonodera has an interesting color pattern. I wish the captive ones would be like this, too...
Interesting Christian. I'm actually not really sure what species this is but the structure of the head looks similar to Amantis sp. Also an ooth one of the females just laid looks very similar to Amantis sp. ootheca. Here's a photo of the ooth:

P1070060.jpg

Great photos. Your brother looks like he's not having fun. :yawn:
LOL yeah, he was very tired and irritated by the fact that he spotted more stick insects than mantids.

Latest posts