chinese nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebrakacinese

Reaction score
hi ,as new to this hobby i am, i was wondering if it is possible to raise part of an hatch,of chinese in a 10 gallon aquarium?i have some friends willing to take the bulk of them.i have sheets of clear plastic to put on the tank to keep the fruitflies in,although i guess humidity might be a pboblem.iv'e cultured flies before as i used to raise bettas.i had the ooth sittin around awhile,before i learned they can start incubating.is this possible to do?

Even with lots of food Chinese mantises are still highly cannibalistic so chances are you will loose a lot along the way. I know some members do dump an ooth in tanks though and let them stew till they end up with a smaller number of older nymphs. Eventually however you are going to need to start separating or you will find yourself with only one left.

Even with lots of food Chinese mantises are still highly cannibalistic so chances are you will loose a lot along the way. I know some members do dump an ooth in tanks though and let them stew till they end up with a smaller number of older nymphs. Eventually however you are going to need to start separating or you will find yourself with only one left.
This is exactly how I ended up with one left out of my entire ootheca :blink:

well i guess the best,i can do at thi point.Is buy alot of containers;cut up t-shirt and get some some cultures going since i have some small nymphs any how

Latest posts