Chrisp- (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered 10 Idolo L1's. Received 11 healthy ones. He's always quick to reply to any questions and seems eager to help out a novice such as myself.

Just got some nymphs and a female multispina from him and only one nymph death which died prob on route but all in all was a good transaction and he really is a swell guy to work with!

Received some "unknown" mantids today. Time will tell what they actually are, but 12/12 arrived safe and sound with the excellent packing. It's a good place to start.

There was a Post Office delay. No fault of Chris. Picked up the mail at 11 am yesterday, as all mail is supposed to be in PO boxes by 10:45 am. No notice was in my box yesterday at 11am. When I checked tracking info, a notice was supposed to have been left yesterday at 10:15 am. I know I didn't leave anything in the box, so their info is flawed and bordering on lies.

Like I said, not Chris' fault, but thought I'd mention it. Probably due to all the cutbacks. :lol: It looks like priority mail is going to become the "new" first class. WAY TO GO USPS.

Received 2 x Oxyopsis gracilis Ooths from Chris today . Chris is very nice guy truly +1 to Do business with ~!!! package was Sent on the 22nd received on 30th .

Now I need to Pray they will Hatch lol .... Here is some Pic's good packing arrived saved. Hope the Cold temperature in Toronto did not affected it .... lucky me had a week off so i check the mail box everyday so the Ootheca was not in the cold for too long ...

2nm426g.jpg

ogcrp3.jpg

25jf9j4.jpg

2dmflw3.jpg

24box7q.jpg

Didn't know the Ooth would be this small =.="

oh8shj.jpg

1st Ooth

2uif5i0.jpg

2nd this one looks so dark =.="

sw6xy0.jpg

time to glue gun it ....

e7cem9.jpg

I'm Ready ..... 6 weeks counting down ..... please hatch =.="...

Update the lighter color Ooth Hatched out around 25 ... Darker Ooth one still waiting .

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris is the Man! I purchased a sexed pair of L5 Violins from him a few weeks ago, they arrived very quickly in perfect condition! They are currently doing great and are very healthy and robust; with beautiful coloring. I look forward to doing more transactions with him in the future. He is a top notch seller!! A+++ !! Thanks Again -Rob

Resolved. Things are gravy baby yeaaa ;) good guy here

I had a good experience with him. I traded Carolina Mantids for 30 Deroplatys lobata nymphs. He sent 32 but 7 died during the trip. He was sorry about that. And that was fine, there were still many so that did not matter that much. One mint green adult female Stagmomantis carolina I sent him died during the trip to him but all the others I think were fine.

I received several nymphs in a trade with Chris. All is well. I like the deal for me. I am sure that the adult male I sent in return is a mighty stud.

Thanks for some honest and careful dealing. I will deal with Chris again as always.

Friendly and quick to respond - a package of various oothecas arrived safely in April - although only a couple hatched, whilst one ootheca that didn't in particular had a slit in it.

Also paid for hierodula ootheca that was supposed to be sent a little while later - still no news. Messaged about this ootheca back at the very end of May, but no response despite the pm being read by the seller at a later date to this.

Received a very well packaged B. Mendica today,glad he waited til it warmed up and the box was heavily stocked anyways,so made it here just fine. Seems like a really reasonable and nice guy,glad I was able to snap this up :)

I don't like drama, but it's high time I cut my losses and stop wasting time.

I traded Chrisp a Creo for some Griseas. At first he said he couldn't ship because the Griseas were about to molt. I was fine with that. Then they molted and he said he would ship in a few days. Okay, a little annoying. Then I message him again and he sent them to the wrong person. Bad luck? Maybe? Then he said he would ship them to me a few days later. Grrr! Then he stops contacting me. I message him again and he says he's having family issues and would ship in 2 days. I felt kind of bad, so I gave him time. Then he started moving and would ship when he got settled in, which was about a week later. I waited, he responded with another excuse.

This entire time he's in this turmoil he's listing other things for sale. Seems a bit fishy.

It's been about 2 months total now. I'm only out a Creo I didn't need and shipping cost so it's not that bad. I've just never been scammed on the forum before, but I guess there's a first for everything.

Latest posts