Cleaning small vials with baby mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeCapricorn

Reaction score
So it's been several days since I received my four lovely baby Sphodromantises. There have been tiny brown dots collecting at the bottom of the cage. Now, some of these brown dots seem to "melt" when I add water. Also, I know these brown dots will eventually start accumulating. Do I need to worry about these brown dots? Should I clean the brown dots? How would I go about doing that?

I use paper towels as substrate. How often should I change this?

It's poop! :D . You don't need to worry about it too much, but once in a while a good cleanout and replacement paper towel is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's poop! :D . You don't need to worry about it too much, but once in a while a good cleanout and replacement paper towel is good.
lol, I know it's poo, I was just making a funny :3

How would I go about cleaning it out? Rinsing with distilled water?

lol, I know it's poo, I was just making a funny :3How would I go about cleaning it out? Rinsing with distilled water?
Yep, just rinse it :) , and put the new towel in. I suppose you could make a 50/50 of bleach and water, but I don't see the point in doing that to wash few vials.

I'd just rinse it :)

Soap and warm water. I do it every few weeks or so. Often though with the paper towels I can just replace that and all is good.

Latest posts