Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He managed a successful connection and got away with his head. However.... I woke up this morning and cannot find any adult males. Despite heavily feeding the female before calling it a night. She still ate him...

Losing all these males is getting kind of old and irritating.. Its like no matter how much I feed them the females still kill out the males.
I bet they are doing it to keep all the food resources for themselves.

Upate for PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

As an update I wanted to drop in an let everyone know that incubation did indeed start of ooth #1.

Also that same female produced another ooth roughly a week ago. I also started the incubation of ooth #2.

So far the other males still haven't molted lol... So there's not much else to add.

Upate for PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

As an update I wanted to drop in an let everyone know that incubation did indeed start of ooth #1.

Also that same female produced another ooth roughly a week ago. I also started the incubation of ooth #2.

So far the other males still haven't molted lol... So there's not much else to add.
Ooth 1 and ooth 2, shweeeet!

Update for PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

We had another adult male moltee some few weeks back, not to sure if i had mentioned that. :D

Ooths #1 and #2 remain in incubation.

Ooth #3 was produced and shipped out to forum member: Sticky!

Tried a pairing back on Tuesday with the new male and female #1 (The Cannibal.) which ended in a bust.. He didn't seem too interested in the man(tis)-eater. I'm going to try a pairing with female #2 in a few days.

Not to much else to update. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

We had another adult male moltee some few weeks back, not to sure if i had mentioned that. :D

Ooths #1 and #2 remain in incubation.

Ooth #3 was produced and shipped out to forum member: Sticky!

Tried a pairing back on Tuesday with the new male and female #1 (The Cannibal.) which ended in a bust.. He didn't seem too interested in the man(tis)-eater. I'm going to try a pairing with female #2 in a few days.

Not to much else to update. :)
Things are going well buddy! nice!

01.29.16: Update for PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

Big news coming from the Community... Today we are blessed with the start of Generation 2 of PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

Upon waking up this morning I was greeted by 15 already hatched out nymphs from ooth #1. None passed so far, yet no others have emerged.

I'm planning to move generation 2 into a 10 gallon (The Nursery.) as a temporary housing, but can see them being moved into the communal build later on....

Yeah they should be able to in a day or two. I started the first generation off on D. mel. :)

yours should pop in about 3 weeks I'd say. ;)

01.29.16: Update for PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

Big news coming from the Community... Today we are blessed with the start of Generation 2 of PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

Upon waking up this morning I was greeted by 15 already hatched out nymphs from ooth #1. None passed so far, yet no others have emerged.

I'm planning to move generation 2 into a 10 gallon (The Nursery.) as a temporary housing, but can see them being moved into the communal build later on....
Hopefully more will hatch out, but if not, its not too bad! easier to manage at least! Those are some really great shots btw

Congrats dude!

Amazing job ! I have the same tank and was getting ideas for it from this post. I found this and thought it was interesting, it's artificial tree bark that comes in 6x9 inch sheets for $10. I'm going to use it on my 10 gallon build and just permanently adhere it to the back.

http://www.fauxstonesheets.com/store/c/21-Flex-Bark.html
Thanks!

And those are pretty dope, like the various different styles too. :D

Congrats LAME... looks like all is going well...thanks for keeping us updated!
Thanks D.

just checked in haha. im planning on doing this too! except i wont be using such a huge tank... im planning on using one of those critter totes when my (ghost) ootheca hatches. cant wait!!!
Cant wait to see it!

I've decided to go ahead and  gut out the community build and set up a new build for Generation 2 of project: community inspiration. Possibly starting tomorrow or next week, but I'll keep everyone up to date on that idea.

Also, anyone reading this... I'm open to genetic swap outs, if you have an ooth you're willing to trade off, I'd gladly swap with one of the ooths from the build.

-L

Latest posts