Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry about your Black. Sounds like Murderess got reincarnated! She was a killer and trouble maker too! She attacked her sister who had just cause a soldier fly. She killed two males.

They are looking good.. that tank looks awesome.. LOL... I also am a master breeder of pill bugs...hehe... or they just really love my tanks...

They seem to be coming along nicely...I just got my first ooth from this next gen.. so you are next! and then Alex...see if we can keep these guys going!

Here's two of the newest adult male.

With my actual camera being dead I've been resorting to my old Windows phone. Hot glued a macro lens/wide/fisheye lens kit to the face cover. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's two of the first male to achieve adulthood.

Picture quality isn't great.. I shot these from the outside of the tank.
I think they look good especially considering it was through the tank!

Im happy with my ghost pair, female is mossy green and brown and the male is an awesome golden color :p
Hey... And this is just an idea (for now.) But... If you breed, would you like to make a swap out on an ooth? ....errrrr... Maybe just some offspring. I think itd be cool to throw more genetics into the next generation(s).

Hey... And this is just an idea (for now.) But... If you breed, would you like to make a swap out on an ooth?

....errrrr... Maybe just some offspring. I think itd be cool to throw more genetics into the next generation(s).
Thats a really good idea

Update for PROJECT: Community Inspiration:

Figured I'd stop in for another status update in the build. First adult male moltee has been cannibalized... However, that didn't stop his brother.

As you can see... We waste little time in the community. Breeding has already begun! :D

...Now if the younger males would kindly grow up I think we would be golden.

He managed a successful connection and got away with his head. However.... I woke up this morning and cannot find any adult males. Despite heavily feeding the female before calling it a night. She still ate him...

Losing all these males is getting kind of old and irritating.. Its like no matter how much I feed them the females still kill out the males.

He managed a successful connection and got away with his head. However.... I woke up this morning and cannot find any adult males. Despite heavily feeding the female before calling it a night. She still ate him...

Losing all these males is getting kind of old and irritating.. Its like no matter how much I feed them the females still kill out the males.
Aw she ate him?? Dude those females need to cut that out! Sorry dude... but at least she was bred. You still have younger males too right, so they can grow up. Are ya gonna keep them separate from the females? They seem to have become ravenous!! I think it's cause they're preparing to lay oothecae so are eating a lot.

I think I should throw both females to the kill box.

..... Kidding.

I Don't know, I haven't decided yet. Isolation of every female would kinda defeat the purpose of a communal home... But at this rate I may have to.

I think I should throw both females to the kill box.

..... Kidding.

I Don't know, I haven't decided yet. Isolation of every female would kinda defeat the purpose of a communal home... But at this rate I may have to.
LOLOh yeah, thats true, its all about it being a community.. But like you said you may have to at this rate! Well even if you did, they were raised to adulthood AND bred in there, so that is still communal for the most part!

Update for PROJECT: Community Inspiration.

12.26.15: The mated female has produced her first ooth. Its pretty decent in size... I'd say nearly as long as the mantis, so I'm definitely hoping it's fertilized. I'll get a photo of it tomorrow before work. :)

Latest posts