Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on Project: Community Inspiration.

It's been awhile since ive had enough time to update both my personal collection thread plus the community build, so I wanted to come drop an update for everyone to look at :)

First, lunchtime in the ghost community!

Here's two brothers hunting down their bluebottle meals.

I removed the smallest ivy clone and replaced it with a nicer one I seen at the store ( Shop n save of all places...). The little planter had three different colored ivy plants in it, so had to grab it ;)

I've found my personal favorite tenant of the community, its a L4 male that's stark black.... I properly gave him my last night of "Black." He's an elusive little bugger, but ill surely get a photo of him eventually. I just hope he stays all black. :)

Made a few adjustments to the landscape when I removed the small clone and added the new, nothing major... Just additional dirt.

Monday/Tuesday I plan to try and get out on a scouting run.... Hopefully come across a little more moss to finish the moss carpet.

-No molts.

And finally, I'll post an updated photo of the build once I get off work tonight!

Monday/Tuesday I plan to try and get out on a scouting run.... Hopefully come across a little more moss to finish the moss carpet.

If you are needing some moss I can send you some, I have a good supply nearby (a wooded park). Only problem might be shipping as the dirt to hold the moss together might get heavy depending how much you need.

Not sure of the species, never bothered to look them up for an ID. I have two types one I call a fern moss, the first photo, and a star moss (which has little stalks coming out of it) last two. I have the moss setup on a tray like carpet now keeping it hydrated until I can clean it properly and add it.

Let me know if your interested, if so how much you need to cover as I found lots of it last time I went. ;)

Fern moss

moss-fern.jpg

Star Moss (overview)

moss-star1.jpg

Star Moss (from the side)

moss-star2.jpg

Update on Project: Community Inspiration.

It's been awhile since ive had enough time to update both my personal collection thread plus the community build, so I wanted to come drop an update for everyone to look at :)

First, lunchtime in the ghost community!

Here's two brothers hunting down their bluebottle meals.

I removed the smallest ivy clone and replaced it with a nicer one I seen at the store ( Shop n save of all places...). The little planter had three different colored ivy plants in it, so had to grab it ;)

I've found my personal favorite tenant of the community, its a L4 male that's stark black.... I properly gave him my last night of "Black." He's an elusive little bugger, but ill surely get a photo of him eventually. I just hope he stays all black. :)

Made a few adjustments to the landscape when I removed the small clone and added the new, nothing major... Just additional dirt.

-No molts.

And finally, I'll post an updated photo of the build once I get off work tonight!
Great update, lookit those fellas! Lookin forward to seeing the photo of the upgraded tank! Or did you already show me??

If you are needing some moss I can send you some, I have a good supply nearby (a wooded park). Only problem might be shipping as the dirt to hold the moss together might get heavy depending how much you need.

Not sure of the species, never bothered to look them up for an ID. I have two types one I call a fern moss, the first photo, and a star moss (which has little stalks coming out of it) last two. I have the moss setup on a tray like carpet now keeping it hydrated until I can clean it properly and add it.

Let me know if your interested, if so how much you need to cover as I found lots of it last time I went. ;)
For sure?... I'll let you know come Tuesday if I need any extra, I've got a few spots marked out where there was tons of moss... Looks like they may actually be the same two types... I can also acquire a third type that ill get you a photo of. :)
Great update, lookit those fellas! Lookin forward to seeing the photo of the upgraded tank! Or did you already show me??
I'm not sure to be honest... I don't think I ever emailed you the newer upgrades... But, I'm loading photos now. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Black is a beauty... very fine male.. the setup looks so good... It is hard finding the right combo of plants... what will work together... and what will work with your lighting... Looks really good.. Thanks for the update

Update for Project: Community Inspiration.

As promised yesterday, the current status of our community project.

Heres a few of the growth progress.

The new ivy.

Finally, I got some of "Black."

The set up is lookin fantastic!! i dont think you showed me these, i dont remember seeing that ivy climbin up the branch, awesome! he really is a dark beauty!! I love that you named him Black, it's perfect! He is your son! lol :D

For sure?... I'll let you know come Tuesday if I need any extra, I've got a few spots marked out where there was tons of moss... Looks like they may actually be the same two types... I can also acquire a third type that ill get you a photo of. :)

I'm not sure to be honest... I don't think I ever emailed you the newer upgrades... But, I'm loading photos now. ;)
Highly possible being the same two types - as we are only a state apart. ;) Sure let me know, as it seems if I use a flat rate priority box weight is a non issue until it gets somewhere around 70-80 pounds lol.

Looks nice, how big is the tank? (I imagine you said somewhere on the 12 pages though). The new ivy looks great, and I really like your Ghost Black. I've always heard they are very dark brown, but looking at the photo it does seem he truly is black.
thumbs-up2.gif

Highly possible being the same two types - as we are only a state apart. ;) Sure let me know, as it seems if I use a flat rate priority box weight is a non issue until it gets somewhere around 70-80 pounds lol.

Looks nice, how big is the tank? (I imagine you said somewhere on the 12 pages though). The new ivy looks great, and I really like your Ghost Black. I've always heard they are very dark brown, but looking at the photo it does seem he truly is black.
thumbs-up2.gif
Lol true ;)

The tank itself is a standard 29 Gallon aquarium. I also have a 29L (29G, but its longer... Thus not as tall.) I've been thinking about working over... Maybe converting it into a huge upright breeding chamber lol... But idk.

Thanks in regards to Black! He's the ONLY black one in the build. Everyone else is brown and/or green, so to me he stood apart and was that unique little one.. Being that he stood apart from the masses, I could relate and chose him.

Lol true ;)

The tank itself is a standard 29 Gallon aquarium. I also have a 29L (29G, but its longer... Thus not as tall.) I've been thinking about working over... Maybe converting it into a huge upright breeding chamber lol... But idk.

Thanks in regards to Black! He's the ONLY black one in the build. Everyone else is brown and/or green, so to me he stood apart and was that unique little one.. Being that he stood apart from the masses, I could relate and chose him.
Sounds like it would be a really tall one if made upright, but plenty of places for ivy and males to hide. :D I have a tall breeder tank, was going to turn it into a terrarium but looks like it will be better used as a new culture tank (making a trade for a large amount of feeders).

Black has a great color, guess you could call him the Black ghost of the family. ;) Would be awesome if he kept the color and he bred passing it to his offspring. As I've read a few are breeding trying to get green ghosts, you could go for black.

Lol... Sorry, couldn't resist posting this, and thanks to Mantidbro for the YouTube upload while I was at work. ^_^

Black has a great color, guess you could call him the Black ghost of the family. ;) Would be awesome if he kept the color and he bred passing it to his offspring. As I've read a few are breeding trying to get green ghosts, you could go for black.
Agreed! :)

One of the ghosts has made its molt over to L5, the other little ones should be shedding their old skins here soon! I will also post a photo of the moltee once I get off work tonight. ;)

One of the ghosts has made its molt over to L5, the other little ones should be shedding their old skins here soon! I will also post a photo of the moltee once I get off work tonight. ;)
Awesome!

Sorry about the delay... We've been undergoing molt cycles here at the community build! :D

Most of the group has already made their jumps to L5 but theres still two or three little ones running about. Here's some photos of the older tankmates...

The first moltee mentioned within the previous post. :)

And the others.

Here's today's moltee.

I plan to make a few rearrangements to the tank this coming Monday and Tuesday, so ill check back in with another update post then. ;)

Latest posts