Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the green ones.. I have quite a few myself...all the females I bred.. were green and the males had a good deal of green.. especially Cypress... So I am really excited to see what the next generation brings...

Upgraded the ghosts feeding diet to house and blue bottles today. I noticed two individuals kept fighting back and forth until I threw in the bigger prey.

Upgraded the ghosts feeding diet to house and blue bottles today. I noticed two individuals kept fighting back and forth until I threw in the bigger prey.
Sounds like they are growing fast - and you broke up a possible cannibalism fight before it got bad, nice. ;)

They were fighting for a prey or posing at each other?

Posing and lashing, but didn't look as if try to kill... Had that been the situation I think the smaller L3 would've been ate. Instead, after being lashed at... He'd run circles around the L4 male and run off (and back again...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Posing and lashing, but didn't look as if try to kill... Had that been the situation I think the smaller L3 would've been ate. Instead, after being lashed at... He'd run circles around the L4 male and run off (and back again...)
Sounds like you have a little playful one. Are you sure they are not puppies? :D

Ah so a show then! more like a warning, not trying to kill or eat. When i have my idolos in the window they do that too. They warn each other and try to scare each other but thats about it. One usually ends up backing off

Lol they remind me of little puppies when you dump food into the build and they start wiggling their rear ends like tails. You can really see the excitement ^_^
I bet they do :D My Ghost Bandit about falls over as he gets to wiggling so much - at least till he got his wings which seemed to stop that. I bet that many little Ghosts is quite the sight!
thumbup.gif

I know that is one reason my wife even wants to see my Ghosts when they molt or whatever, and are the only ones she has shown in interest in besides my first mantis. ;)

August 7th

I received two of the Phyllocrania paradoxa LAME's been keeping in the community tank! A male at L4 and a female at L3. I'm excited to have this species again! And especially excited that LAME picked such a green female! Awesome! He never does me wrong! Lol. :)

The male I've named "Blaar" which in the Afrikaans language means "leaf"

And the female I've named "Groen" which in the Afrikaans language means "green"

It's only right that I give them names using the language of their species' place of origin!

August 7th

I received two of the Phyllocrania paradoxa LAME's been keeping in the community tank! A male at L4 and a female at L3. I'm excited to have this species again! And especially excited that LAME picked such a green female! Awesome! He never does me wrong! Lol. :)

Nice! Your girl is a beautiful green, will be interesting to see her color in future molts. :D

Update on Project: Community Inspiration.

Did a little work on the build today, here's some photos of the few upgrades.

First, a couple shots of one of the females ;)

The little patch of moss I put in from Sticky is doing better! :D

Added in one of the exotic ivy clones, this one is in the front right corner.. I plan to add a small stick or thick twig that kind of arches and wrap the ivy around it.

Added in a couple native clones aswell, these will be the ones that grow up background.

Also... I'm back to my old schedule at work, so more progress will be able to get done here. ^_^

Update on Project: Community Inspiration.

Did a little work on the build today, here's some photos of the few upgrades.

First, a couple shots of one of the females ;)

The little patch of moss I put in from Sticky is doing better! :D

Added in one of the exotic ivy clones, this one is in the front right corner.. I plan to add a small stick or thick twig that kind of arches and wrap the ivy around it.

Added in a couple native clones aswell, these will be the ones that grow up background.

Also... I'm back to my old schedule at work, so more progress will be able to get done here. ^_^
Green beauties, just like the one you sent me! Nice pics too dude!! I love seeing them in the all natural scene like that.

The ivies are wicked sweet, i cant wait to see how they do. Do they grow quickly or slowly?

Im pleased about the schedule going back to normal, lol. :)

Pretty Ghost, and great moss. About all the moss I have around here looks like the rest you have in the tank. Best of luck getting time to play with the setup. :D

Latest posts