Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm unable to find any "wood-like" plants other than bonsai or the money tree... I don't like either to be honest.

Times getting short, ive got to get the ghosts moved in the build before they decide to start consuming each other...

...not going to lie, I'm getting irritated.
Im sorry buddy...! Go on and put em in, you can always add a plant later and just be careful as ya plant it!

Im sorry buddy...! Go on and put em in, you can always add a plant later and just be careful as ya plant it!
Could always remove them temporarily I suppose. I went to three different local plant shops... Nothing really looked to impressive.I do have a few smaller plants around home. If anything I could just start from the front and make my way to the back of the build (small in front/large in back)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have a few smaller plants around home. If anything I could just start from the front and make my way to the back of the build (small in front/large in back)
Sounds like a plan, fill in the tank - it will give your Ghosts a place and you a chance to play around once you see how it looks. ;)

Yeah true.

I don't think people should be allowed employment if they know little to none when it comes to the actual JOB... But hey, that's me. ;)

Already started dropping in a few smaller clones I managed to get going, one's an exotic ivy (used the same type in all my terrarium builds.) Another is a bright green plant that grows fairly small, or can be managed to stay that way. I'll get the names of those.

Dropped in the rest of the moss from Dmina I had saved since our male/female ghost trade.

Touched up a few areas.

Adjustments to background. (added sticks/twigs)

Oh... After its all finally finished (build wise) I had considered adding in the original ooth that the ghosts had hatched from into the tank. More so like a display?.

Could always remove them temporarily I suppose. I went to three different local plant shops... Nothing really looked to impressive.

I do have a few smaller plants around home. If anything I could just start from the front and make my way to the back of the build (small in front/large in back)
Thats true!

What type of plant are you thinkin of, like something with long branches?

Thats true too!

Yeah true.

I don't think people should be allowed employment if they know little to none when it comes to the actual JOB... But hey, that's me. ;)

Already started dropping in a few smaller clones I managed to get going, one's an exotic ivy (used the same type in all my terrarium builds.) Another is a bright green plant that grows fairly small, or can be managed to stay that way. I'll get the names of those.

Dropped in the rest of the moss from Dmina I had saved since our male/female ghost trade.

Touched up a few areas.

Adjustments to background. (added sticks/twigs)

Oh... After its all finally finished (build wise) I had considered adding in the original ooth that the ghosts had hatched from into the tank. More so like a display?.
Lol so true about the employment.

You can never go wrong with ivys! Lol :)

Good idea to add the ghost ooth as a display, thatd be awesome!

Branches and moss are great to be sure, and if you have the right sticks/branches it could be nearly all the tank display. Sounds like most people I come across in many fields now, so I try to figure out everything I would need to know before I go shopping - or take notes and come home to figure it out online. ;)

Update on project: Community Inspiration.

A little belated, but nonetheless... Heres what's been built for over a week now.

I did move the ghosts in there just as a safety precaution to further prevent cannibalism. I figured more room would equal less close encounters...

Update on project: Community Inspiration.

A little belated, but nonetheless... Heres what's been built for over a week now.

I did move the ghosts in there just as a safety precaution to further prevent cannibalism. I figured more room would equal less close encounters...
My bro has got the best terrarium building skills!! :)

OMG! It looks so good... now, in my fairy planter, I put a coleus plant... it is an outdoor plant but easily transforms into a houseplant. even the orchid was supported when climbing on it...

You did such a good job... this was a great project... thanks for thinking of us, and letting us help with it.. a nice community project bonding moment.. Hugs!

^_^

Don't worry... Its not over! I'm going to continue to add to the build. Look around for ideal plants and such...

I'll still continue to update it as well with any changes regarding the mantises inside. Maybe with luck many with hit their adulthood and breed! Itd be neat to have a thriving ghost community that we could just dip into if we felt like it... (rehoming, mating donations, contest prize winnings?... Could be endless really)

Latest posts