Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah not just yet... I'll probably give them some time, maybe a molt or two.

Ive still got to finish up the tank.. Kinda hatched before expected lol but... Oh well. Makes more of a reason to get it done sooner eh? ;)

Yeah not just yet... I'll probably give them some time, maybe a molt or two.

Ive still got to finish up the tank.. Kinda hatched before expected lol but... Oh well. Makes more of a reason to get it done sooner eh? ;)
That it does!

So do you have enough stuff to put on the inside?

If not... what else are you looking for?

I may have a plant I can send... and I have more of that moss if you need it?

I've got a few clones going that will be put in, but plants are welcome and can be put in. I could use anything really.

Its slowly coming together piece by piece, right now I'm currently torn between choosing which moss ill choose to carpet the floor... I mean I guess I could utilize both. But idk...

Also, I get paid tonight... So ill be looking at a plant or two to pick up and bring home to the project. (assuming of course I get off before everything's closed.)

The moss looks pretty! I could try sending you some live pillow moss. I dont know how well it would travel though.

Ha! I just sent Mantidbro one of those. Lol.

I wonder if it made it or not.... When I shipped it I put it in a 3oz deli with dirt and gave it a nice mist before adding the lid. I also sealed it to contain leakage. But unsure of its status...

Its slowly coming together piece by piece, right now I'm currently torn between choosing which moss ill choose to carpet the floor... I mean I guess I could utilize both. But idk...

Also, I get paid tonight... So ill be looking at a plant or two to pick up and bring home to the project. (assuming of course I get off before everything's closed.)
Awesome!

Ha! I just sent Mantidbro one of those. Lol.

I wonder if it made it or not.... When I shipped it I put it in a 3oz deli with dirt and gave it a nice mist before adding the lid. I also sealed it to contain leakage. But unsure of its status...
Oh yeah i forgot to update you on the moss! its doing good, im using it for GriM actually! perfect packing too, no leaking

Can't deny that one, I'm excited to get the baby ghosts into their big new condo.

Sorry for the lack of updating, unfortunately I can't catch a day away from kids or work long enough to get any updateable progress done, and lucky for me I get to work today... On fathers day?!.... And closing. (I'm not to happy about any of this...)

But tomorrow's a different story, plans have been made and I should be able to escape the responsibilities of life for awhile... Hopefully.

But as an update, I have been building the back wall piece. Its being built from bark sheets/sticks/twigs that ive collected, boiled, and baked. I'm trying to think of a method in which to keep it all together. I was thinking wood glue, but am unsure if it'll hold up through misting/heat/humidity or if its even safe.

Ive previously tried hot glue... But it only holds for a amount of time.

Can't deny that one, I'm excited to get the baby ghosts into their big new condo.

Sorry for the lack of updating, unfortunately I can't catch a day away from kids or work long enough to get any updateable progress done, and lucky for me I get to work today... On fathers day?!.... And closing. (I'm not to happy about any of this...)

But tomorrow's a different story, plans have been made and I should be able to escape the responsibilities of life for awhile... Hopefully.

But as an update, I have been building the back wall piece. Its being built from bark sheets/sticks/twigs that ive collected, boiled, and baked. I'm trying to think of a method in which to keep it all together. I was thinking wood glue, but am unsure if it'll hold up through misting/heat/humidity or if its even safe.

Ive previously tried hot glue... But it only holds for a amount of time.
Poor bro! Happy fathers day! not fair that youve gotta work today! All fathers should get it off lol. Enjoy tomorrows plans! Hmmm... I know that hot glue usually sticks to other sticks even when in a moist environment, its mostly the gluing it to the glass that doesnt work in moist environments. Maybe you can hot glue some thin rope/string to the back of the wood/sticks then glue it to the outside of the tank? like take the string out and over the tank, glue it. Thats a similar method to what ive done with hot glue and my red eyed tree frogs tank.

Poor bro! Happy fathers day! not fair that youve gotta work today! All fathers should get it off lol. Enjoy tomorrows plans! Hmmm... I know that hot glue usually sticks to other sticks even when in a moist environment, its mostly the gluing it to the glass that doesnt work in moist environments. Maybe you can hot glue some thin rope/string to the back of the wood/sticks then glue it to the outside of the tank? like take the string out and over the tank, glue it. Thats a similar method to what ive done with hot glue and my red eyed tree frogs tank.
Appreciated my friend, but eh.... Life's a "peach" ;)

But yeah... That is a good idea that I could possibly run with. If anything I could hide the string/rope with moss or sticks.

Update on Project: Community Inspiration.

Today was a pretty good day, i was able to go out and escape reality today and managed to stumble upon enough bark sheets to complete the background of the tank. Should be more than enough to finish it actually but we'll see how it turns out.

Also, yesterday went fairly well too... I collected two very large samples of moss (which I've already boiled...) and went ahead and laid it down in the build.

As far as plants go... I'm still trying to acquire a few that match the "wood/y/ish" scene, not much luck so far. But the ivy clones are doing GREAT. I could probably plant them now, but will wait until the whole background is complete.

Update on Project: Community Inspiration.

Today was a pretty good day, i was able to go out and escape reality today and managed to stumble upon enough bark sheets to complete the background of the tank. Should be more than enough to finish it actually but we'll see how it turns out.

Also, yesterday went fairly well too... I collected two very large samples of moss (which I've already boiled...) and went ahead and laid it down in the build.

As far as plants go... I'm still trying to acquire a few that match the "wood/y/ish" scene, not much luck so far. But the ivy clones are doing GREAT. I could probably plant them now, but will wait until the whole background is complete.
I can't wait to see this finished, it's going to be absolutely amazing bro! It already is!

Appreciated my friend, but eh.... Life's a "peach" ;)

But yeah... That is a good idea that I could possibly run with. If anything I could hide the string/rope with moss or sticks.
Lol I feel ya buddy!

That is true! :)

Great project idea and looking great. I'll be sure to watch this one ;)

I am curious though does boiling the moss kill it? Did some searching about moss and boiling water and all I found was some instructions on killing it, which doesn't seem likely for your project.

Latest posts