Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I WILL definitely continue to consider this mixed species idea, I really would like to see something like that for myself.

Also, I'd like to go ahead and thank dmina for the ghost ooth that arrived at my door today (along with a few new friends!) which ive already started incubating.

Regarding the build: Ive got the tank completely gutted,all glass is clean (inside and out) and am prepping to start laying the rock/sand drainage.

-on a personal note: Dmina.. I still have a good amount of the moss you had sent me in the last package, the remaining will be going into the community build.

Glad I could help... I am really excited to see what you are going to do with this tank... you are so creative...

I WILL definitely continue to consider this mixed species idea, I really would like to see something like that for myself.

Also, I'd like to go ahead and thank dmina for the ghost ooth that arrived at my door today (along with a few new friends!) which ive already started incubating.

Regarding the build: Ive got the tank completely gutted,all glass is clean (inside and out) and am prepping to start laying the rock/sand drainage.

-on a personal note: Dmina.. I still have a good amount of the moss you had sent me in the last package, the remaining will be going into the community build.
Mixing species would be cool! id like to see that as well!

Dmina sure is nice!!

So far we have decided on some moss along the bottom then? What else are we thknking? I like that thing you did... putting moss on the sticks! That looks awesome

First ill lay the drainage, dirt, and sculpt a landscape ( photos will be uploaded...) you guys can throw in your ideas and such? (if need be you can draw it out and email me)

The stick idea... Yeah I can't take the credit for those lol, actually the cred goes to CosbyArt for influencing the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
First ill lay the drainage, dirt, and sculpt a landscape ( photos will be uploaded...) you guys can throw in your ideas and such? (if need be you can draw it out and email me)

The stick idea... Yeah I can't take the credit for those lol, actually the cred goes to CosbyArt for influencing the idea.
Sounds good, i have a few ideas you can use if youd like, im curious as to what others are gonna "request" as well!

Oh that was cosbys idea huh? Cool! youre both creative then haha

in regards to what plants you are using, they will need thicker stems, a woody type plant would be a good idea, and you can trim it back of need be.

I have found a plant that would do awesome in this environment, it likes everything the mantis likes, and can gain nutrients though leftovers, it can be trained to be smaller like a bonsai, how about a Ming Aralia plant or two!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I got a day off I went ahead and got some of the drainage laid, I plan to add more....

Kinda been thinking over the tank itself, really id like to do something unique... I'm thinking about making my own complete back wall piece out of tree bark and sticks/twigs ( of course sanitation progressed beforehand.)... But I think it'd be neat and beneficial for climbing and whatnot. :)

Since I got a day off I went ahead and got some of the drainage laid, I plan to add more....

Kinda been thinking over the tank itself, really id like to do something unique... I'm thinking about making my own complete back wall piece out of tree bark and sticks/twigs ( of course sanitation progressed beforehand.)... But I think it'd be neat and beneficial for climbing and whatnot. :)
Dude that would be coool!!

The rock will be covered with gauze and dirt (not Sticky's, hers will be above ground for view.)

Ive built many many tanks now and yet to ever had a mantis fall during molt onto a rock. Not saying it wont happen, but I don't think the risks are to major to consider not adding it. :)

Latest posts