Creos, shields, and more creos...OH MY!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraMG

Reaction score
The new babies!

IMGP5743.jpg

They have speckled bum bums!

IMGP5738.jpg

IMGP5699.jpg

The growing babies!

IMGP5725.jpg

I love the markings running down their back

IMGP5729.jpg

IMGP5732.jpg

And the newly subadult Creobroter whom I have thoroughly fallen in love with
wub.gif

IMGP5702.jpg

IMGP5701.jpg

I love these little baby wings! They're so precious!

IMGP5705.jpg

i think the the last one is a sub-adult creobroter nebulosa.

The red eyes of the shields are just awesome. You really do like them Creobroters! I had an adult female die on me for no reason, so very sad.

Nice Creo wings! Whaaaaat I'm jealous lol

My Creos are leeetle still.

I have two now also.. one from Yen , a Neb I guess and the other from Rebecca.. Not sure what kind!

Neat lil creatures though.

Nice shields too! they grow up so fast!

Nice shields too! they grow up so fast!
They're still so tiny! You can see how small they are in the shot of the one on my thumb. That one is only L3! And we have Creobroter siblings! I got the new ones from Yen and my subadult from Rebecca! I love their striped little bodies!

Here's a couple more pictures.

My speed racer Manny the stagmomantis carolina. He takes off running every time I let him out!

IMGP5787.jpg

It relaxes him to be upside down. It's the only way I get him to stop running.

IMGP5797.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little Stag. I'm really started to like those subspecies.

My adult Magna male likes to fly and run around too so when I let him out I have to move very slow. When I think he's about to fly I turn him upside down like you have here and he relaxes a bit. Can't make a clean takeoff upside down I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Stagmomantis, he was my most active mantid, he got calmer with each molt. As an adult it took him a while to begin flying more than a couple of feet, but now he flies to anything that moves, like me or the kid. :lol: He seems very good at landing safely and gracefully, not like some clumsy pet birds that I have had. At first I was afraid that he would crash land into something, but he is good. :D I still turn off the fans and close the blinds before having him out, for safety reasons. :lol:

Wow those are some great photographs :clap:

I am really looking forward to posting some when I can get some free time to set up at home .