Custom 10 gallon tanks

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro92

Reaction score
The one with the green plants and bamboo house my ghost mantids and the one with white sand are housing my g. asians for now until i get my orchid mantids.

2008_0426Chris0002.jpg

2008_0601Chris0008.jpg

2008_0601Chris0007.jpg

Yah i forgot to mention ABbuggin gave me the idea and hooked me up with some supplies.

2008_0603Chris0003.jpg

2008_0603Chris0002.jpg

2008_0603Chris0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That fake scorpion is so totally gonna tear your mantis apart, you should remove it NOW!

Wait I have a question. Don't you have to keep mulitiple mantids apart (except for the first instars) or else they'll go cannabalistic?

-Max

How do you feed the mantises? I imagine that if you put crickets or blue bottles in there, the mantises would have to wait forever for the food to come... and hopefully the food isn't the other mantis.

How do you feed the mantises? I imagine that if you put crickets or blue bottles in there, the mantises would have to wait forever for the food to come... and hopefully the food isn't the other mantis.
I hand feed them and then i also put House flies when i have them

I would also think the mantids would becme canabalistic. Do they?
Depends on species, amount of food, size of enclosure.

Ghosts are mainly in general communal. I have never seen one cannibalize with this species. Bigger the container the less cannibalism will occur

Depends on species, amount of food, size of enclosure. Ghosts are mainly in general communal. I have never seen one cannibalize with this species. Bigger the container the less cannibalism will occur
Do they bat at each other? I have three ant mantids and I kept them in the same enclosure. When ever they meet, they start hitting each other in the face. Is it thier way of saying hello? lol :lol:

Latest posts