Deformed back legs-Giant Asian

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny_sounds

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My lovely Giant Asian has come a cropper after about 5 sheds. He couldn't hang from his back legs when shedding and has got one bent back now and the other stuck in the old skin. i cut away the excess skin with scissors but there's still a bit in some old skin. Now......

He seems to be ok energy wise and everything else and he can still sorta get around. I'm just worried now about his next shed. Will he do it by hanging from his front two legs, and will this problem fix itself after the next shed.

Or is he destined for that big vivarium in the sky?

many thank. :)

Don't know about this one :( Losing both back legs makes for a difficult molt.

My suggestion is to make sure its enclosure is easy to get around, and that the top surface is something very easy to hang from.

But have hope, I currently have one adult who molted twice with only one front walking leg!

I would say it probally has a 50/50 chance of moulting properly in the next moult. Can it at least hang upside down from the top of it's enclosure?

yeah, he can hang ok. He's cool really just two manky legs.

It's good to know now that they have to hang from their back legs. I could see that he was hanging from his front during the molt and was going to intervine but then thought it best not to. Hindsight's a fine thing.

I think he should be cool. Still got bags of energy.

How do I know if he's a male or female?

thanks.........

Latest posts