Dmina's mantid collection in progression 2014

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denise no matter the species I hope you enjoy them. Seems mislabeled species or not the priority should be on enjoying them as pets. :D

Awww... sorry for your loss... RIP Apollo

Well that was a real group effort... Thanks all, now I know what they are...

Thomas the container I got from hibiscusmile a member here on the board.. she has a website where she sells all different size containers.. Without having to eat all the candy... LOL
Got lost in a reply and didn't realized it updated :blush:

The website sells them empty as well, just candy is the usual thing put in them. Seems like a perfect container though without being too small or large. What is hibiscusmile's website? - I'll have to take a look.

thank you, its the most unfortunate part of the hobby indeed. But atleast he got to do his job, and he was great at it.

Also to provide pictures of a male and female Stagmomantis Carolina you can check my gallary in the album named " Apollo & Flora. " both of which I mated and got many many ooths from.

R.i.p Apollo, he passed away today.
Sorry to hear about Apollo, I know you lost Flora as well just a few weeks ago. May they rest in piece.

Her name is Rebecca..

http://www.mantidpets.com/shop/start

She is very helpful...
Oh okay thanks, I've seen the site and have a Christmas list for myself already. :santa:

Here are a few updates...

D. lobata I think they are now sub adult

My B.mendica... they are a very small species.. L6ish

Last edited by a moderator:
Creobroter...

My first breeding attempt was a success.. and the male still has his head!.. i was so worried.. and that girl just kept eating through the whole thing. 4 worms...I was afraid she was going to explode! They stayed attached from 1 till 8:30 ...

Will update again soon... Please stayed tuned, and thanks for looking again

Nice! You mated the Acromantis japonica? If you get nymphs from her oothecas would you like to trade a few for my M. binotata if I successfully get nymphs from my Miomantis binotata?

Edit: Oh, sorry. I did not notice that you already had the M. binotata in your collection.

It seems like the Miomantis binotata is going to molt in a few days. Thank you for the updates and pictures.

Denise I have to ask you, do you ever manage to escape your mantises once and awhile?! :D Seems you have so many I would be overwhelmed haha. :clown:

Quite lovely to see so many different species and mantids, you should be proud.

It seems like the Miomantis binotata is going to molt in a few days. Thank you for the updates and pictures.
You are welcome.. Thank you for looking in... Just trying to capture all of the changes... in photos... cuz I know my mind won't keep it all straight.

Denise I have to ask you, do you ever manage to escape your mantises once and awhile?! :D Seems you have so many I would be overwhelmed haha. :clown:

Quite lovely to see so many different species and mantids, you should be proud.
LOL... Yes, occasionally... but I don't want to miss a thing... So many species... that is an OCD thing...( I still have a large want list) I am just glad... I was able to stop (collecting) when I did...

I had to slow down and enjoy the ones I had... so I turned to taking pictures of them... I just wish I could do them better justice... with my pics..

I am very proud... and fortunate to have found this interesting hobby... Who knew??? ... bugs could be cute!... And I shock myself each time I say that... LOL

LOL... Yes, occasionally... but I don't want to miss a thing... So many species... that is an OCD thing...( I still have a large want list) I am just glad... I was able to stop (collecting) when I did...

I had to slow down and enjoy the ones I had... so I turned to taking pictures of them... I just wish I could do them better justice... with my pics..

I am very proud... and fortunate to have found this interesting hobby... Who knew??? ... bugs could be cute!... And I shock myself each time I say that... LOL
Glad to hear they let you out. :D

Sounds like good advice in there, enjoy the ones you have. Ah the hobby inside the hobby - photography. I've responded about your camera in another thread. Hopefully we can get you shooting better photos soon.

I feel the same way about finding the hobby. I bet your shocked, I know what you mean everyone loves my mantis including ones I would never have thought. Although spiders are still too far a stretch lol.

Updates...

My first ooth... This is from the A.Japonica laid today...

It is so cute...

Here is my Budwings

My Thin winged mantis got her wings... and so did the male...

And my Miomants Binotata got her wings... so did a couple of my males.. I will get pics of the tomorrow...

Stay tuned more to come... things are changing everyday in my bug room now..

new updates...

Idolo molted

S. viridis molted

Believe it or not but my boxers molted again..but they are not much bigger

Miomantis got his wings

Wahli got her wings

Creo too...

Latest posts