Dmina's mantid collection in progression 2014

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I need some help.. can anyone help me sexing with my B. mendica? Is it as obvious as color?

A-

B-

And my ghosts ... I think they are female..

A-

B-

They are growing so fast now...

Will update again soon... Thank for taking the time to look..

I think your ghosts are female aswell, soon as mine molt again i should know my sexes.... If i have both males, would you consider a trade? ;)

also your Viridis is very adorable :D

mine just had a rough molt, had to manually remove the old exo from its leg, it survived luckily with little deformation to the rear leg. Should be better next molt :)

what instar is yours at? It looks larger than mine for sure. (L4.... I think.)

Yes.. to the trade.. I had a rough molt like that with one of my chinese,, it corrected itself the next molt... and L5 my Viridis I think I have a male and female of them.. I like their size.. I can actually see them with my naked eye... hehe

VERY COOL!

I'll keep you updated when the time comes then my friend :D

Regarding the giants, if you achieve adulthood and mate them id be interested. Most definitely.

My creo male molted to adult aswell (the other day) and his wings never expanded properly.. My wahli female is being stubborn about molting. Her wing buds are massive and she is not eating!

Nice to see your boxers are growing up. It's interesting to see them with wings, almost looks like another species. Your Orchids are very beautiful of course - can't say I've seen a bad looking one yet. :D

LOL... Thanks...I will post my other orchid... the pink one is in a container with mainly pink and red.. My other female is in white...and is mainly white... the male was in green, white, & pink...

Well better late then never... Here is pics of the other female orchid that has white flowers in her habitat...

I am going to move her now into a pink habitat.. and see if she changes to pink!

Here is a pic of my Miomantis.. breeding & ooth

Next... my Popa spurca molted... and she can really make herself look like one of the twigs...

and lastly... I never introduced you to my Empusa.. I got her from Andrew... she is a sweetie pie. She just molted.. I don't know how old she is... but I still do not see wing buds ... so???

Stay tuned... still have lots going on in the bugroom... thanks for taking to time to look...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Denise. My wife says that conehead looks too weird, almost like a spider.
laugh.gif
So sadly it seems even if it's a mantis she draws the line with certain species. Your Popa blends in with the twig - even looks like it has a large split end. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Nah, she says if it's a mantis it's alright - and might be good to have a strange one. So I'm not sure where she stands on it.
lol.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Denise. My wife says that conehead looks too weird, almost like a spider.
laugh.gif
So sadly it seems even if it's a mantis she draws the line with certain species. Your Popa blends in with the twig - even looks like it has a large split end. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Nah, she says if it's a mantis it's alright - and might be good to have a strange one. So I'm not sure where she stands on it.
lol.gif
She may be catching the fever... Pretend you didn't notice

The Empusa looks like a unicorn to me...

Here are a few more updates:

Budwing... First to get her wings.. this was a freebee from Yen, she seems to be a lot bigger then my other "Budwings"

Then I caught this little guy molting... B.Mendica

Here is him a couple hours later ... Not much change in size... but I do think I see his budwings...

Really cute... Right?

Now my wahli's All his siblings got their wings 12/12 this one don't want to grow up!

Latest posts