Dmina's mantid collection in progression 2014

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now after the budwing and B.Mendica

I don't think I put up adult male and female pics of the P. wahlbergii

Female:

Male:

Or the Creobroter

Female:

Male:

There is still a lot going on in the bug room.. So I will update again soon.. Just wanted to catch up on the ones I have not updated recently..

Stay tuned... and thanks for looking in.. And thank you all for your compliments... I really do get a lot of pleasure watching these guys grow, and sharing it with you all...hugz

Now after the budwing and B.Mendica

I don't think I put up adult male and female pics of the P. wahlbergii

Female:

Male:

Or the Creobroter

Female:

Male:

There is still a lot going on in the bug room.. So I will update again soon.. Just wanted to catch up on the ones I have not updated recently..

Stay tuned... and thanks for looking in.. And thank you all for your compliments... I really do get a lot of pleasure watching these guys grow, and sharing it with you all...hugz
Perfect specimens!

One of my male budwings got their wings today

Successful breeding of my creo's

I also noticed I had not updated pic of my Idolo's, here are a couple pics

Some nice looking pets :D Nice photos of the Idolo's
thumbs-up2.gif

You have some beautiful mantis! Thanks for the pics!!

My female Heterchaeta fell from her molt this morning, she couldn't be saved..I am gutted :(

Great to see your creos have mated, you are doing really good, really not as many people now compared to how many that used to keep creo around.

Last edited by a moderator:
a few more...

Add some more soon.. thanks for looking...
Great work breeding the creos! and nice adult male budwing! how big is your budwing, length wise? he looks to be affinis. I had agrionina. Im wondering how much bigger the affinis males are compared to agrionina. Awesome idolo!

You have some beautiful mantis! Thanks for the pics!!

My female Heterchaeta fell from her molt this morning, she couldn't be saved..I am gutted :(
Sorry for your loss.. It really is upsetting... especially when you work so hard for them...

Thank you so much Bobericc and MantidBro.. Got my first ooth from the creos...

Now my big news!

I got babies.... My first ooth to hatch.. from A.japonica...

So excited...they are so small... but so cute!

I'll update again soon... thanks for looking...

Last edited by a moderator:
I raised her & her mate from L2 , successfully bred and hatched her ooth... Second generation! .... sooooo cool!

This is what they looked like about L5ish some of them were brown, some had little green jackets... So cute!

Then when they got their bud wings...

When they got their wings...

Thanks for looking...

It astonishes me how fast they grow. Congrats and good luck with all your future projects. Thanks for sharing with us all..

~Trey

Im also confused and im hoping you can help me out with this.. I thought that if you buy them as l2s or so and breed them their babies would be first generation ?

Im also confused and im hoping you can help me out with this.. I thought that if you buy them as l2s or so and breed them their babies would be first generation ?
I think you are right... I might have jumped the gun... as I was talking with a friend yesterday... we were kind of figuring that out... I figured I raised them from L2... so that was the first generation I raised... but I think I was wrong... I think these nymphs are the first generation of these mantis... (just second generation I'm raising)

I think that is correct now... So this is actually the first generation of Acromantis japonica I have bred.

Sorry for the uninformed first post... I got a little excited... and didn't think it through... At this point I think I am correct?... any input?

Thanks for looking in.. and I promise to be more educated, before I post

Please stay tuned... I will update soon...

Latest posts