Dmina's mantid collection in progression 2014

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are right... I might have jumped the gun... as I was talking with a friend yesterday... we were kind of figuring that out... I figured I raised them from L2... so that was the first generation I raised... but I think I was wrong... I think these nymphs are the first generation of these mantis... (just second generation I'm raising)

I think that is correct now... So this is actually the first generation of Acromantis japonica I have bred.

Sorry for the uninformed first post... I got a little excited... and didn't think it through... At this point I think I am correct?... any input?

Thanks for looking in.. and I promise to be more educated, before I post

Please stay tuned... I will update soon...
You may very well be right. You were here longer than me so my knowledge is still young unless you come to snakes lol (just kidding). I hope to learn more about your collection and you ?. Thanks

Here are some updates of my D.desiccata female

Can anyone tell me if the are sub or presub?

Here is my S.viridis

Thanks for looking.. I will update again soon...

Very nice mantises Denise. I like that you glued sticks directly to the lid of the habitat, interesting idea. :)

i have to ask is the color of your S.viridis really look like the photos? It is a strange green, reminds me of the paint they used in houses years ago. :D

I raised her & her mate from L2 , successfully bred and hatched her ooth... Second generation! .... sooooo cool!This is what they looked like about L5ish some of them were brown, some had little green jackets... So cute! Then when they got their bud wings... When they got their wings... Thanks for looking...
I love the jackets that is awesome!

Congrats on your acromantis babies! I hope the next gen does even better than the first

Also your lobata is presub, the viridis is sub

Very nice mantises Denise. I like that you glued sticks directly to the lid of the habitat, interesting idea. :)

i have to ask is the color of your S.viridis really look like the photos? It is a strange green, reminds me of the paint they used in houses years ago. :D
Thanks.. I still need to add more sticks to other containers...

Yes Thomas they are that green.. very pretty color... I am trying to match my nail polish to them...

MantidBro... thanks ..The jackets, I love also...

Bobericc Thanks for the congrats, and help with the age

Thanks.. I still need to add more sticks to other containers...

Yes Thomas they are that green.. very pretty color... I am trying to match my nail polish to them...
Interesting for sure, seems to be a strange color.

I see trips to Sallys for you in the near future buying some empty nail polish bottles for your custom color mixing. Have fun, and good luck :D

A few new updates

My male Budwings are getting their wings

My pregnant Creo..

My Creo laying her ooth: She had to pick the smallest stick..lol

My Ghosts are molting

Always something going on in the bug room!

Thanks for checking in... will update again soon...

Very nicely done! Some interesting photos for sure. That will be one crazy looking ooth with the twig wave shape. ;) It is always great to capture a molt. I manged to do it only once so far (bad photos) when one of mine went to L2, so I got plenty of more chances.

Thanks Thomas...At this point there is something happening in that bug room daily... I love it!

Thank you Sally..

Yes bobericc... and thanks...

I had a miomantis ooth hatch yesterday...

An update on my Ghost... wanted to share some photo's I took...

my females:

female 1

female 2:

female 3:

female 4: She is a sibling of all the females above

My males next...

Male 1 He has a lot of green in him..

Male 2:

And my Popa got her wings:

Thanks for taking the time to look... More updates soon...

Yeah... I think he knows... we had spoke about Lobata earlier... so I think it was just a mistype...

She just molted... she will get her wings the next time.. I am sure...

You know as you look at them, and you see their bud wings.. they look so puffy... then they molt again... and their bud wings are so much bigger... LOL

She is my first.. so the next time I will know how big those bud wings really get!

Thanks for your comment.. I will post her when she gets those wings I so desperately hope to see...

Stay tuned!

Latest posts