Enclosure closure brainstorm

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scherdy

Reaction score
I’m a new mantis keeper and was modifying this container from the dollar store for my new nymph.  I was going to hot glue some fine mesh for the vent holes but adding something to secure the lid has me trying to come up with a solution. 

The kid fits just barely tight enough to make me worry about it staying in.  So my first thought was adding a couple small rare earth magnets set in some epoxy putty to hold it but the more I think about how hard it can be to wrangle my new pals while putting the lid on the more I worry about those magnets snapping together on a foot, leg or worse. 

I was hoping to get input from you creative problem solver types of what you think might work best. 

thanks!

XLu7anj.jpg

fS1q6UJ.jpg

I use what that stuff called? now I can't think of the name. But it is...and it's gonna come to me... wait a minute... velcro? where you have a soft piece and a rough piece and I glue the one on and glue the other to a ribbon and glue it on to pull it tight, u know what I mean?

Latest posts