Exo terra Nano tall? Question?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like that 8x8x12 would be a bit cramped for an adult of those species...

You can regulate the humidity by misting. those have a mesh lid so I wouldn't worry about too much humidity, but maybe too little.

I am thinking about purchasing a lot of exo terra terrariums. I am going to use them on some Sphodromantis viridis, and some Hierodula majusculas. Are these the right sizes

(The sizes are 8" x 8" x 12')? Will the humidity be right in the terrariums?

http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Reptile-Habitats/I/Exo-Terra-Terrariums.aspx
Did you try the enclosure? I have a sphodromantis lineola and I am trying to figure out how big his final enclosure needs to be. Thanks.

I have an L3 Peacock Mantis in one of these with a vermiculite substrate. Humidity is a little high at 80% which I'll sort out at the next full clean. I added too much water at the beginning. I was worried he would find it too big to effectively hunt but he catches his feeder flies (green and bluebottles) with absolutely no problems at all. I'll post a picture of the setup later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my Nano set up:

IMG_20160706_100227.jpg

It's now had a good clean out with fresh substrate which I sprayed after I put it in. Humidity is now down to a good level of 55%.

I do wish the Nano had some sort of feeding hole. The only way in is the lid or door, so I have to knock out Manny's feeders by putting them in the freezer and then popping them in via the lid or door depending on where Manny is at the time.

Manny's home looks wonderful! I'd like to eventually pick up a nano for one of my mantids, but I'm afraid it would look awful because I'm not the best at decorating enclosures.  :unsure:

Manny's home looks wonderful! I'd like to eventually pick up a nano for one of my mantids, but I'm afraid it would look awful because I'm not the best at decorating enclosures.  :unsure:
It's dead easy really. A few silk leaves at the back, some fake orchids between them and a few twigs and branches in the middle. I left out the Nano background as it takes up too much room.

Latest posts