Flower Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here are some pictures of the red/dark-purple eyes. Both males and females had them. These were taken last night. Could this be their night vision?

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

I would say yes, that is the typical red-black eyes they get at night or in the dark. You were introducing/breeding them at night? I introduce them during the day so I can watch out for problems.

I just left them in there. I have 5 adults all together. I paired Tammy's female with my male; and my female with Tammy's male, plus another male of mine. It's been 4 days and all 5 are present. Anyways, I am not a worrier of the so called mantis sexual cannibalism. If it does happen, it's all part of "natural" selection.

I would say yes, that is the typical red-black eyes they get at night or in the dark. You were introducing/breeding them at night? I introduce them during the day so I can watch out for problems.

I noticed a marked difference between fresh female and mated ones. Their colors start to darken, and with a increased voracity when they take down a prey.