Ghost Mantid Breeding vivarium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swords

Reaction score
Here is the new nature vivarium I have setup for my mature Ghost trio:

10 gallon vertical conversion

ghostshack13.jpg

ghostshack14.jpg

So far I have only introduced the green female. I will let her get acclimated to the new surroundings and fatten up a bit before I set the males loose in there. Do you think I should release the males one at at time or both at the same time? Should the males be removed or can everyone stay together since the males will not live so long anyway?

Very nice! The males should live nearly as long or as long as the females. I'd just put them both in. But remember, if you don't see them mate it never took place.

Beautiful setup! Very similar to what my sis does for her tarantulas. I hope they get busy and make lots of babies for you!

Thanks it sure is fun to set these kinda tanks up! I collect terrarium plants first and foremost so it's great mutual hobby to the insects and other terrarium animals.

Laura,

I was worried that tarantulas would not appreciate the intense light so I have avoided doing these setups for my Ts. I hate using fake plants but I do in the tarantula cages because they supposedly hate light and i keep them in a dim corner of the room. Do you recall which species she keeps in naturalistic vivarums? I have an. A. avicularia (pinktoe) who I'd love to keep in naturalistic vivarium. I even have a cork tube with a bolt hole already in it and everything. I've just been afraid to try it with live plants under bright lights. Does your sister a website with photos someplace online? I'd be very interested to see them.

Latest posts