ghosts?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you believe in them?

• yes! i've seen one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not possible

• yes but haven't seen one

• not untill i've seen for myself

• i don't know...

• Total voters
One of these days humans are going to wholly understand the Truth about the afterlife. That there isn't one.

Period.

Once we do we will be so much more liberated to focus on our lives while we are living them instead of basing our actions on the hope, faith, dream, wish or whatever you want to call it, that there is something better (or worse) waiting for us after our life has expired. We develop religions and ghost stories because we simply cannot accept the fact that there is no light at the end of the tunnel... There isn't even a tunnel. I mean seriously folks. What makes us so special as organisms on this big wet rock that we get to have ghosts and other organisms such as dogs, cats, monkeys mantids or amoebas don't become ghosts or go to "heaven". Is it because we have souls?? Ha!! Again what makes us so special that we get to have souls and other organisms don't. Cuz we can think and communicate and have advanced enough through evolution to have technology?? Please. The "emotional energy" idea is interesting, but again. We are actually fairly simple organisms, barely able to produce enough energy to keep a constant body temperature, much less leave a lasting chi imprint on a given environment. The sooner we realize that, the better off we are gonna be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh heck.... I don't want to go on a rant so I'll say it real quick.

Our bodies are made from energies, and energy cannot be destroyed. You apply that to when the body decays. It releases energy, depending on the amount of electricity in one's body, certain amounts of energy is released. The energy can disappear almost instantly or maybe slowly fade over time. "Ghosts" are not wondering souls or avenging demons, they're in a sense energy hitting our brains, and our brains then try to translate it into something understandable. All in all humans create things to make themselves feel like there is something more, though some might have some finding it is then exaggerated. (I will admit I've witnessed at least four "ghosts" multiple times. Though many could be my imagination.) That was longer than I wanted it to be.

Darkspeed, there are recorded sightings of "ghost" animals, though I'm slightly skeptic of ghosts in general, I've seen one, multiple times. It could be my brain playing tricks on me, or trying to bring about a sense of closure, or it was a ghost.

Nice X-Files ref. Got a smile out of me. :p

Our own minds create our sense of reality and what we percieve. We see what we truly want to see, which is why it is much harder to record what we see, whether it be ghosts or aliens or Jesus onto film. The camera does not want to see anything and therefore will record what was actually there. Show me an aparation on film and you will only encounter my "faith" that the film has been doctored. People will go to great lengths to convince others to believe what they do, even to the point of deception. Our mind also has a tendancy to associate our faith, our fear and our passions into what is real so that we notice things that are purely coincidental and translate it into something that appears paranormal. Whether that translatesis completely normal light effects into ghosts and spaceships, or Christ's face on a loaf of bread, we notice these things and our faith drives us to make an association that is not necessarily the case. It can be as simple as the new car effect... Ever notice how you never really notice how many models of a given automobile are driving around town until you purchase one and then they all seem to come out of the woodwork?? It isnt that they werent always driving around town prior, its is just that you didnt have that model on you mind before and therefore you simply didnt notice them.

Lol, I don't believe in ghosts, all this residual energy floating around and embodying itself in different forms, but I do believe in angels and demons...there is something to be said about occult practices and unnatural phenomonons that occur, such as divination, possesion and augury. Exorcism does actually occur. I know of no other ways to account for the amount of visions, possesions, out of body experiences, pshycics (though I believe most are frauds), and mediums.

Edit: Like the point Darkspeed made on our minds having effect on what we see. I too don't think that any apparition will be caught on film.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Here is proof that ghosts exist:

ghost.jpg

I definitely believe in ghosts as I have seen one - etheric double of my father. Most of you prolly think this to be a load of bs but, oh well, I know what i experienced :) and am not crazy or on any meds, lol.

About "We see what we want to see" - that is true. But what if you don't want to see it? What if someone else sees it too? some refer to these instances of 'seeing' things like this as upg - unsubstantiated personal gnosis - that is to say, you believe what you do by virtue of having experienced it. In the case of what I saw, it was also seen by my mother independently of me and we remarked on what we had seen afterward. Not to poke the jaguars, but I also believe from first first person experience in psychokinesis and precognition, but that is of course, another string. lol :}

Idolomantis,

The shadow beings are referred to as shadow people and are well documented by MANY people. You can undoubtedly read about them on the net.

I tried to follow your newer story, but it was difficult to read. Perhaps you could clean up the following entry and include any other details. I didn't understand your timeline where you said "these nights" and later "this night". Was this recent? Was this all in a single night?

" But these nights in a new(built 20 years ago) i was just reading something just before in went to sleep, but then froze and it felt like someone is pushing you in the back with the fingertips.. now this night i woke up from noisy door being opened and saw a white human form for 3 secconds... and no1(alive) opened my door..

could it be something with my grandma died a month ago?

I'm not someone who's easily scared by anything as it usualy is just something explainable like wind or a wondering cat..

But this is just so weird and all..."

Doesn't matter whether it was real or not. It was very real for Idolomantis, as it is for many others. Idolmantis believes and that is the phenomenon (whether the ghost was in his head or outside it)! In the same way you suddenly start noticing a car everywhere, that you just bought, imagine all the patterns you're not regularly seeing. And then imagine all the unique details your missing because they are statistical rare events. And then imagine that you might be more inclined to see it again, if you have a reference point from the first time.

My dad didn't have a television when he was a young child. We've come a long way fast and have a long way to go before we know much about anything. We're all considered mantis experts by our non-hobbyist peers and yet Christian constantly has to remind us that our most basic Chinese Mantises are not T. "a." sinensis. ;) And we're still trying to figure out why mantises topple over dead sometimes, with no apparent warning. I'm not sure the mantis community is ready for the truth and yes, oh yes, The Truth Is Out There! The people that believe, believe. The people that don't believe, believe they don't believe! If 10,000 eye witness accounts add up to nothing, then any individual's account or opinion is at least as meaningless.

I would bet that ghosts do not exist, but I wouldn't bet my life on it! The Universe is full of many wonderful mysteries that are fun to entertain.

Peter, ok i'll retell the story in a better timeline.

2 months ago: my grandma died of cancer.

5 weeks later: i was reading something about photography just before i went to sleep.

Suddenly, i 'froze' and had the feeling that someone punch you in the back, i also felt a very chilling blow over my back.

I looked trough my room, but didn't saw anything at all, i checked my window, but both the window and ventilation raster were closed.

That week: Every night i felt being 'watched' by something, and often woke up completely sweaten and shocked.

5 days after "it" came: I woke up at 4 AM, cuz i heard my noisy door being opened. Again with a shock and sweat all over me. I turned around and saw somekind of white light in the corner.

I looked better, it looked almost human shaped. Then it dissapeared.

i checked on the corridoor, see if my cat had something to do with my door.(they do that more often) but they both were asleep.

days till now: I sleep with a mirror next to me( that's symbolic, on advice from a psychic), and only have the wake ups with sweat.

I don't know what "it" was, and i don't want to find out actualy.

I actualy don't think it has something to do with my grandma, cuz why would she scare me?

Idolomantis, look online for information on "sleep paralysis" - this is a liminal state that some people can access accidentally or on purpose where one is awake but in a sort of dream state. That may explain what you experienced, or not. Often characterized by extremely vivid and or terrifying visions. Many, many people who have experienced this state report seeing entities described as "shadow man" and the "hag." Not everyone who goes in to this state sees this of course, but often people are reported to see entities of particular interest to them, such as alien abduction etc.

Often, when people are leaving a state of sleep paralysis and start to enter waking conscious, they see the dark room where they are fill with light. I saw alternate bands of blue and yellow light rising as if I was descending down in an elevator. Sometimes the room is so illuminated when you are leaving this state that you can read in the dark. Gradually the bands of light and ambient light fade and you are again in the dark.

That does sound like sleep paralysis. Is it like something is 'holding' you down to the bed when you 'wake up'? That would be part of the paralysis.

I am not sure, I believe I have had an experience but... I not sure and it sounds REALLY fake when I type it out. :( Also the absence of evidence something does exist is not proof that it doesn't!

Latest posts