Gone Fishin!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should Digger lol but I'm afraid she'd catch more than me, I should take some lessons from her then maybe I could actually catch a fish

I love these videos. Overcoming the stereotypes about vertebrates being the more powerful species. I would love to feed fish to my mantids on occasion but I dont have many that are big enough for a standard feeder goldfish.

I love these videos. Overcoming the stereotypes about vertebrates being the more powerful species. I would love to feed fish to my mantids on occasion but I dont have many that are big enough for a standard feeder goldfish.
You could always use or try rosies they are smaller than gold fish,kinda like minnows

I've been dying to do this myself but I'm slightly afraid of it somehow being harmful to the mantid,but when my new batches grow up I think I will,awesome vids :)

I've been dying to do this myself but I'm slightly afraid of it somehow being harmful to the mantid,but when my new batches grow up I think I will,awesome vids :)
The same reasons stop me from trying it. Somehow, I am afraid that it isn't so good for the mantids and maybe it could be smelly with different types of bacteria problems?

Guppies would be the perfect size fish for many mantids, even nymphs. The fry are tiny. I like to mix fancy guppies with feeders and see what comes of it. They are quite easy to breed and have live birth. I used to breed them for Oscars to eat, but some just breed fancy ones because they are pretty.

Mantid's are pretty tough since they have a strong willl to live they usually wont attack if they dont think they can eat it, but aslong as you watch them you can control the situation just like when yhey mate :clown:

The same reasons stop me from trying it. Somehow, I am afraid that it isn't so good for the mantids and maybe it could be smelly with different types of bacteria problems?

Guppies would be the perfect size fish for many mantids, even nymphs. The fry are tiny. I like to mix fancy guppies with feeders and see what comes of it. They are quite easy to breed and have live birth. I used to breed them for Oscars to eat, but some just breed fancy ones because they are pretty.
As far as bacteria goes i havent had a problem funny things is i had feeder fish on my night stand and I let my Queens out to rome like i do always and I looked over and one of my Queens jumped in the bowl to get the feeder fish ever since that I been treating them with feeder fish maybe every two weeks or so i knew she was acting funny when I come home with feeder fish she watches them like hawks

As far as bacteria goes i havent had a problem funny things is i had feeder fish on my night stand and I let my Queens out to rome like i do always and I looked over and one of my Queens jumped in the bowl to get the feeder fish ever since that I been treating them with feeder fish maybe every two weeks or so i knew she was acting funny when I come home with feeder fish she watches them like hawks
I guess she really likes them then :)

Latest posts