Gongylus, gongylodes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just thought i'd post a few new photos here, hope you dont mind, i didn't think it was worth starting a whole new thread.

2735929953_b509410fa4_o.jpg

2736765090_bf88ae1a54_o.jpg

2735931809_fa6f8656f5_o.jpg

I've always wanted one of this species, but they're so hard to find and so expensive. :angry:

Beautiful picture though.

Here you guys go, 3rd instars now. :D

IMG_3146.jpg

I love their yellow eyes!

IMG_3179.jpg

might save this photo for the yearly competition ;)

IMG_3184.jpg

notice the color inside their forearms :)

Ok this is weird, I just had a gongy shed to L3 and it is green! I have never seen a green gongy. lol

I'm amazed at their color variations. So far I have: a red one, a green one, some very dark brown (almost black), some that are a chocolate brown, and a bunch of the normal tan color.

I'll post pics of them later on today :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is weird, I just had a gongy shed to L3 and it is green! I have never seen a green gongy. lolI'm amazed at their color variations. So far I have: a red one, a green one, some very dark brown (almost black), some that are a chocolate brown, and a bunch of the normal tan color.

I'll post pics of them later on today :)
Really wanna see those pics :) Try to get a shot with all of them in a row so we can see the difference even better!

Really wanna see those pics :) Try to get a shot with all of them in a row so we can see the difference even better!
I will definitely take a pic of each color variation. Taking a pic with all color variations in the same shot could be diffucult, they dont like standing still once you move them. :lol:

Latest posts