Haania Orlovi adult habitat

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanodot

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, 

At what age can Haania start taking melanogaster?

Once my Haania are old enough to see easily, or maybe once they can eat melanogaster, I plan to move them into this mossy cliffs vivarium.  It has live moss, fake trees, and on the lower left a mug producing springtails.  If I'm really lucky,  I hope to have Haania sustaining their own generations in here.  

20171203_231103 (1).jpg

Um, I want to go live in that vivarium! That's gorgeous. Sorry I can't answer your question, but that's a great setup.

Not sure on the eating question but that does seem like a magnificent viv! Just a warning from me... this species is VERY delicate. they need a very bioactive enclosure with very high humidity. And hatching a ooth of theirs seems like even more of a challenge. I've just heard plenty of breeders complain about how fragile this species is. Though I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks!  This tank has been established for a few months, and the mug of springtail culture should have the moss well populated by the time I need to move the Haania in.  Humidity is 80 to 100%, and temp is 75-85 F.  The rest is luck!

What a cool idea, that setup looks great! The tiny steps on the left ledge really sell it for me.

Latest posts