hcarlton's Mantid Photos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giant Asian females maturing...I'll probably only breed one or two, otherwise I'll end up with more ooths/nymphs than I can deal with...

H. membranacea by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

H. membranacea by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

3rd generation of Elmantis, growing fast and once again I have too many for reason above :p  (because I can never sell all the ooths before they hatch on me)

Elmantis sp. by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Found a European in the yard about a month ago too; now, need to determine sex and maybe find a mate

Mantis religiosa by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

2nd generation of Thesprotia, parthenogenetically produced because I don't have a single male...

Thesprotia graminis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

I'm sure it is, I just haven't had the time/patience to try getting it to sit in a position so I can count the sections. Plus it's a lot easier when they get big.

Oh, and adding to successes: the mated R. basalis female laid an ooth!

@hcarlton Gratz on the ooth! I hope that you can sex the european soon enough so you can find a mate for it soon!

- MantisGirl13

Mating may or may not have already been successful with the H. membranacea (she's visibly calling now though, might try introducing another male though fair chance she might eat him too). However, a previous mating has definitely proven successful:

Rhombodera basalis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Rhombodera basalis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Almost 4 weeks exactly since it was laid, and now I've got a couple hundred baby Shields! 

Still waiting on the orchid ooth though (1-2 weeks yet, and she just laid her third today too).

Yay! Gratz on the hatch! How long does an orchid ooth take to hatch?

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts