hello everyone! heres my story

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonymantid

Reaction score
hello my name is anthony from cleveland ohio...

so everyone has seen a mantis before, no big deal right? well this morning i was running waayyy late for work. i jump in my car and throw it in reverse, and go to back out when i see this thing on my passenger back seat window. when i looked closer i saw it was a mantis! (bet you didnt see that coming) i couldnt drive away with it on my window so i parked and got out and went over to it. it was a big guy, that i later found out was a girl. so hear i am talking to this thing, trying to coax it onto my hand as fast as possible while trying to respect its "blowing in the wind dance" lol my neighbors had to think i was nuts but i got it in my hand and went to a nice tree to let her go. during the little walk it was crawling all over me and i had lots of time to study it. The way it was looking at me was nuts! crazy eyes, turning its head to the side like a dog lol. but all day today it has been on my mind. i even called my girlfriend and told her i think i want a mantis on a tree in my house!! shes used to this randomness from me by now so she went with it. little did i know that people ALREADY DO THIS! :D so, needless to say i know almost nothing about this passion people have for insects but i am so eager to learn as much as possible before making a decision on my first mantis! this forum looks great and i look forward to talking with everyone!! :)

oh yea here are pics of the mantis today that stole my <3 hahahaha

free!.jpgwalk.jpgcar.jpg

Hi ya Cleveland, Hot in Cleveland! new show in town! You found a nice looking one, most here in Medina do not have that lovely orange in the thorax, just ol green and brown! :p

hello my name is anthony from cleveland ohio...

so everyone has seen a mantis before, no big deal right? well this morning i was running waayyy late for work. i jump in my car and throw it in reverse, and go to back out when i see this thing on my passenger back seat window. when i looked closer i saw it was a mantis! (bet you didnt see that coming) i couldnt drive away with it on my window so i parked and got out and went over to it. it was a big guy, that i later found out was a girl. so hear i am talking to this thing, trying to coax it onto my hand as fast as possible while trying to respect its "blowing in the wind dance" lol my neighbors had to think i was nuts but i got it in my hand and went to a nice tree to let her go. during the little walk it was crawling all over me and i had lots of time to study it. The way it was looking at me was nuts! crazy eyes, turning its head to the side like a dog lol. but all day today it has been on my mind. i even called my girlfriend and told her i think i want a mantis on a tree in my house!! shes used to this randomness from me by now so she went with it. little did i know that people ALREADY DO THIS! :D so, needless to say i know almost nothing about this passion people have for insects but i am so eager to learn as much as possible before making a decision on my first mantis! this forum looks great and i look forward to talking with everyone!! :)

oh yea here are pics of the mantis today that stole my <3 hahahaha

Welcome to the best mantid forum/site on the planet. ;)

View attachment 1318View attachment 1319View attachment 1317

ok ill be hitting you up very soon... i am going to research more and construct habitats before i do. i am not a wedding birthday or barmitzva(?) dj. i play and produce electronic dance music a.k.a. TECHNO lol

Latest posts