Hello from BC, Canada :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keri

Reaction score
Hi all!

My name is Keri and I'm from Canada... I don't have any mantids... yet! But I hope to get one or two in the near future. I'm looking for Canadian breeders, and have joined the site to learn more about mantid care before I get one.

Um... a little about me..... 29/f/married to one VERY tolerant husband with a family of many animals including 2 cats 2 dogs 2 saltwater reef tanks 1 freshwater planted tank 3 Ball pythons, 1 super dwarf retic, 1 salmon boa, 2 corn snakes, 6 crested geckos and a senior leopard gecko. I've been keeping reptiles for the past 15 years or so and have always worked with animals in some way (pet store, wildlife rehab centre and for the last 5 years at a vet clinic as a ward nurse)

Oh... and I LOVE PICTURES! That's a big reason I like mantids.... they look like great models!

Here are some of our "kids"

Phoebe

PhoebeNov1209.jpg

Bubbles

Bubblesnov160903.jpg

and again..

bubblesWP2-1.jpg

Roshi

Roshipinkmaple-3.jpg

From left to right: Porscha, Jonas and Bunny (No they don't live like this lol, just for the photo)

Bunchoballs.jpg

Chaos

Chaos-1.jpg

Papaya

Papaya7.jpg

Moka

mokahydrangea1.jpg

Delilah and Mr Pickles (grey)

ashavedkitty4.jpg

Chloe

chloe6.jpg

That's not all of them but it's a start lol....

So anyhow, feel free to introduce yourselves I'd love to learn from you all! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, Keri, and welcome to the forum! Very nice to have you here. ;) Seems you've got the animal bug, and I'm glad you're researching mantids and possibly getting into the hobby of keeping some. I think they'll make great additions to your menagerie! Again, welcome from Illinois! :)

Welcome.gif

Welcome Keri. Nice zoo you have. Herps are also my first passion.

Hi welcome. Question about bubbles - what type of snake? also, are those water droplets on it???
Ahhh Bubbles! She's pretty, isn't she? Yes those are water droplets.

She is a reduced-pattern salmon boa constrictor, her mother was a salmon and her father a kahl albino, making her DH for sunglow. She was Born July 13th of this year.

Some more pics (because she's a great model!)

Light phase

Bubblesnov26091.jpg

Next three are in her dark phase

2bubtree.jpg

4bubtree.jpg

bubstick1.jpg

Very nice salmon i also own boas if you lived in america i would have the perfect male for your female he looks like her but he is only poss het for albino and reverse stripe very nice collection you should get a pic of that super dwarf.

Very nice salmon i also own boas if you lived in america i would have the perfect male for your female he looks like her but he is only poss het for albino and reverse stripe very nice collection you should get a pic of that super dwarf.
Ask and ye shall receive!

Tagnov1609.jpg

Retic3.jpg

Now I wanna see pics of your salmon!! :)

Okay here ya go.

DSC_9858.jpg

Also i like your dog chaos and your pastel ball python.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts