Hello from very sunny Long Island, New York

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syn

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a 17 year old kid from long island and this summers been killing me. I have nothing to do, so I figured i'd spontaneously get a pet. Something that would just keep me company. (inb4 pets need attention/care/etc..) I'm aware of this, and am proud to soon call myself a Mantid owner. :D

I ordered a european mantis nymph from the well known 'prayingmantisshop' website. I also ordered a culture of flightless d. hydei, and a single ootheca to place maybe in a separate environment from the nymph, or outside in my garden of beautiful flowers. :) I'm visiting my local pet store today and picking up maybe a 10 gallon reptile tank. Maybe you guys could give me some ideas of what to fill it up with.

After spending hours on looking over care sheets and what not, I feel pretty confident now, and I think I can sustain a few generations of mantids. I'm not too experienced obviously, but this will come with time, and hopefully from you guys here on this friendly forum!

Thanks for reading,

Kyle

Welcome to the forum. A ten gallon tank is too big for little nymph. Try a 16 oz deli cup or a 32 oz depending on what instar it is.

welcome! get ready to have TOO MANY PICTURES OF MANTIDS on your computer :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Latest posts