Hello!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibor

Reaction score
I had no idea this site existed! Too cool. I would sit and look out my kichen window as the seasons changed. I'd smile at my pots full of flowers close to the house. I'd watch the birds eat out of their feeders and the squirrels so unhappy that they could only eat what had fallen out of the feeders. One day I went out to water the plants and noticed some of those horrible little white bugs growing and eating in my plants. I ran and got the bug spray.... and when I got back, before I sprayed, I saw a tiny mantid chowing down on the bugs. I put the spray away... and the rest is history.

Nibor

Oh. And I should have mentioned, it's name was Lido. It taught me to take close up photos. My profile pic is one of Lido taking a bath on my arm in my kitchen while I was practiing taking it's picture.

Thanks back at all of you! I started another message in the Photos section. It's "Loveable Lido"! :kiss:

I just really wish this place had been around and I'd found it while he was with me and my husband.

Welcome! And that was my same reaction when I found this site!

A great discovery to begin a new mantis friendship!

Lido is very lucky to have someone looking out for him! I also love the way that you keep him. Wild "pet" mantids freeranging are the best. It's always so fun to go out and "visit" their world!

I bet you bring him snacks sometimes, right? Have you tried a bit of honey? :tt2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Love the story. Too many people are quick to squirt some chemicals. My neighbor is a prime example.

Latest posts