Hi from southern California :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, sterile water is distilled water used in hospitals. It comes in sealed contaniers that have been autoclaved. Once it has been opened and exposed to the air for any length of time, though, it is no longer sterile. Given the tiny anount of water that the mantids consume, (they obtain most of their fluid inatke from their prey), whether they receive tap or distilled water probably doesn't matter very much, but I use distilled water for misting to avoid water stains on the inside of the deli cup.
Thanks.. that's a good reason to use it.

I get the sterile water from work for free. They come in 1 Liter bottles and only a little bit is used frequently.. so the bottle would be tossed anyways, since.. like you said, it's not sterile after it's opened.

Thanks.. that's a good reason to use it.I get the sterile water from work for free. They come in 1 Liter bottles and only a little bit is used frequently.. so the bottle would be tossed anyways, since.. like you said, it's not sterile after it's opened.
Well then... I guess it actually sounds like a pretty good deal, and a good thing to use. ;)

Latest posts