Hi! New to Forum - New Mantis Owner

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hhi Everyone!

I joined this forum because our family which consists of Myself the Mom, a Pop and a 5 yr old future entomologist, have adopted a Mantis (we named Samantha) within the last month. She was doing great until recently one of her hind legs broke and nows she is not able to move around much, keeps falling, and is not eating the crickets and spiders we put in for her. She basically looks like she's on her way out. I was doing some research on the internet to try my best to help her when I came upon this forum and hoping there are some very knowledgeable Manits owners here, I joined, hoping to learn from you guys. The great news is that she gave us an egg sac within the first days we brought her in. The bad news is that I feel she has very few days left on the planet and all of us have become quite attached to her and would like to see her live a bit longer. If anyone has any advice for me in how to help her live longer, please let us know by posting. I know Mantises don't live more than 3 seasons in the wild but I was hoping it would be different in captivity. Any thoughts? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

-the mom

Welcome! There are many here that can help answer your questions (I'm not really one of them :unsure: ) but have a look around the forum, you may just find some of the answers you need. I wish you the best!

Welcome. If you found the mantis this time of year she is most liikely at the end of her life. What you describe helps confirm that.

just give her food with tweezers, she wants it , but is to tired to get it. Let her go if you have to, most stick them in the freezer when it is that time. but hey, welcome and enjoy those new babies!

Welcome to the forum! :) Old age is creeping up on her. There really is not much you can do. Just keep her comfy in her final days. :(

Hello!

I'm new to Mantidforum... I just recieved 4 C. pictipennis Nymphs from Mantisplace.com yesterday, and thought it would be good to join Mantidforum in case I needed help with raising them.I think I'll post a few pictures of my Mantids now...

Latest posts