Hi :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladire

Reaction score
Hello fellow mantid lovers! :D

I'm Wren from North Carolina, and I have four Chinese mantis friends. As a kid, I always LOVED finding mantises while playing in the woods. I would always carry them around with me all day, until it was time to come inside, and of course Mom would always make me set my mantis free! :( I recently decided to rediscover my interest in these awesome critters!

I am so glad I found this place! I have been reading these forums for the past couple of weeks, trying to absorb as much as info as I can.

I look forward to learning more and getting to talk you all!

I leave you with a video I recently made starring one of my females (Oda Mae Brown is her name) enjoying a delicious katydid. (sorry for the poor quality, as it was recorded on my phone). I will have more pictures and hopefully high-def video soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! =) I could only WISH that I was able to find mantises outside like you were able to as a kid! My first mantis came to me through a tip from a friend that a local Nursery Store had them half a lifetime ago! =)

Welcome :lol: I lived in Lake Toxaway, for a year as an adult. I have also lived in other parts of the Carolinas when young, I will have to say that in comparison to parts of S.Florida, I had the time of my life in the Carolinas, when it comes to nature and outdoor fun! This forum is definitely the place to be for mantid info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and a big thumbs up!
tongue.gif

Welcome from Oklahoma! I love NC. I spent a lot of time there as a teenager. Amazingly gorgeous scenery!

Latest posts