Hierodula solomonis breding dairy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
I got these from graham.he told me hes only one in uk with these..there amazing mantis..there something about these i really love..cant wait to see it as an adult.. :) and then the ooth and babys..woooo good times ahead.

they grow pretty big..this ones still a baby.L5 maybe? im not 100% sure on that tho. its feeding on crickets and the odd fly but shes happy on crickets like the giant asain..there in the same family right?Hierodula

the female

click on pics

2062211734_dc5f872f61_b.jpg

2061434181_ae7c4c06f4_b.jpg

2061420703_167042e580_b.jpg

2062211012_150c8d4c93_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
now there sub adult

male - subadult

Click to enlarge

Female - subadult

more female subadult pics

Click to enlarge

beautifull species , i got one from graham too , but she died during a bad moult about a month ago :( , hope to get another one sometine though
there so yellow ist amazing..but the male is very green..when they mate green and yellow..its going to look so cool..:)both are about to shed. :)

Great great news..both female and male are now adult..female been adult for 1 week..male shed yesterday..heres pic of the female.male pis coming up..Note check out her belly..from shedding to adult she has lost the red colouring on her arms but her hole abdomen is bright pink..so frigging cool..the male is green..lol.

Click to enlarge

My favorite species at present

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

im bit worried about this..if she eats him thats it..i wont be getting another male again..no one has them..graham does but not adults there probably L4..fingers crossed it works out..iv started feeding her alot of food..1 more weeks it wil be time to mate them.wish me luck :unsure:

im bit worried about this..if she eats him thats it..i wont be getting another male again..no one has them..graham does but not adults there probably L4..fingers crossed it works out..iv started feeding her alot of food..1 more weeks it wil be time to mate them.wish me luck :unsure:
Stuff her up, and make sure she drops her food!

Let them loose in a room, preferably next to a window. When the male is done, he should be somewhere around the window, hopefully far far away from the female. I usually keep them next to the computer monitor (which is also next to a window), so I can check up on them frequently as I type.

Good luck!

Good luck with them! This is a nice species. I may have to snatch up an ooth from you if you ever put one up for sale/trade. :)

breeding attemp part 4..no good..

part 1 the male mounted her..after 10 mins trying to contact the male ended up walking off over her head..if it wasnt for me she would of killed him..

the next day

part 2 - he trys to mount her but she keeps on running away.

the next day

part 3 - still the same shes running off shaking him off her back and he ends up flying off..

the next day

part 4 - still the same..shes been fed so much food she rejects every thing i give her.the male really wants to mate but the female just isnt ready..il leave it couple of days and try part 5..lol..

its been about 26 days now since adult..stupid female.

part 5 - day 4 for trying to breed them - the male trys to fly and jump on her but misses..il try again later :angry: oh just found out female has been adult for 5 weeks!..i dont want to leave them in same net cause she will eat him im sure she wil even tho shes full up on flys and crickets..il get there im sure.