How big of an enclosure of idolo?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extrememantid

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm wondering how big of an enclosure I need for and adult idolo? I've got babies figured out. I've heard that idolos need big enclosures (bigger than the normal large mantis enclosure) is this true?

Thanks,

Cole

Hey there, I am new to this and have 4 Idolo's.

Have you read Idolomantis Consolidated in the General Discussions forum?

That will help, meanwhile here is a quote from Precarious from Idolomantis Consolidated.

You can put in all the branches you want but they will always climb to the highest point. I've found that a 12"x12" area is only sufficient for 2 adults. Any more and they are overcrowded. You can fit 3 subs in that space but you'd have to separate those nearing molt. By my estimation you'd need 10 square feet of roof to keep 20 adults. You may want to try tall net cages laying down.

Good luck!

glue some sticks to the inside of the top of the net cube cage for molting purposes and your be good to go!

Have you read Idolomantis Consolidated?

I really think you should.

It will tell you everything you need to know about enclosures.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheapest is a net cube cage and with that you glue sticks and twigs in the undeside of the top inside the cube cage so the idolos can have surfaces to grab to molt on and what not!

Those reptariums look really cool.

I just ordered a couple of the 12x12 cubes from Live Monarch.

Also just thought I would add Josh's prices are super good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts