How do you measure humidity in a 32oz cup?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro92

Reaction score
I have orchids in a 32oz cup and I need to measure the humidity. How do i do this? Do you have a link to any items that i could buy?

You dont' NEED to at all. I never do. I mist them every other day and that is it. Orchids are easy to keep.

if you really want to know the humidity in the 32oz cups, i would say just put the hygrometer into a similar mocked-up cup, and spray it/treat it as if there was a mantis inside. i guess thats the only way of really knowing. i have a combined thermometer/hygrometer that is too bigt to fit into any cups, but ive seen those smaller circular hygrometers, they could fit easily into a 32oz cup. dont know about their quality though.

You dont' NEED to at all. I never do. I mist them every other day and that is it.
i agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I place hygrometers in larger containers such as tanks, just because I find it harder to measure the humidity within such a large space. However for such a closed space as a 32 ounce cup, I find it unncecessary.

Does anyone know how accurate the small round hygrometers are? I really dont wanna mess up with the orchids. If they are so easy why is this not a common species???

misinformation, i reckon. only a couple of years back (even still today, in some places) the "care sheets" for this species always said things like 85% humidity, and spraying them twice a day. i think people feeding them crickets may have something to do with it. and i guess the whole way the sexes mature at different times can be difficult. i really dont know why they are not more common. with the hundreds of orchids yen was churning out last year you would think they would be well established in the usa, but its quite the opposite.

Latest posts