How old is everyone here? etc etc

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy, name's Jon, and I am 25.

Graduate student at Penn State, studying Entomology and earning my PhD (just two more years I hope!). I work on the emerald ash borer, which is an invasive beetle, during the summer months to earn more pay and write my thesis.

During the fall/winter I work on moth olfactory ability and moth pheromones as relates to controlling crop pests.

I've worked with mantids before and continue to do experiments/try to write papers in my spare time - but they don't leave me a lot of spare time these days! :evil: I have one paper out from a year ago on Tenodera. Another one to follow up soon, if it passes review. (ugh)

I've kept a lot of species, some for a while, others just once or twice, but I hope to do a lot of research to help out others that want to study them or just keep them as pets!

I am Horatio, a policeman from Miami and I wear sunglasses... 8)
Sounds like a teenage fantasty to me ;)
Guess you don't watch CSI Miami?

Well since it's been awhile since I posted in this thread I am 29 still at same job. Hobbies are astronomy, animals, cars, fishing, hunting, guns, fitness, etc etc.

2 cats

1 uromastyx

1 box turtle

mantids.

:lol: Yes, I watch my redheaded hero on Monday nights - my husband always makes fun of Horatio. Actually, my kids make fun of Horatio too. :? I bet my mantids would like Horatio! But then again, this would suggest emotions...

Howdy, name's Jon, and I am 25. Graduate student at Penn State, studying Entomology and earning my PhD (just two more years I hope!). I work on the emerald ash borer, which is an invasive beetle, during the summer months to earn more pay and write my thesis.

During the fall/winter I work on moth olfactory ability and moth pheromones as relates to controlling crop pests.

I've worked with mantids before and continue to do experiments/try to write papers in my spare time - but they don't leave me a lot of spare time these days! :evil: I have one paper out from a year ago on Tenodera. Another one to follow up soon, if it passes review. (ugh)

I've kept a lot of species, some for a while, others just once or twice, but I hope to do a lot of research to help out others that want to study them or just keep them as pets!
Is it possible to access papers etc. on line? I remember some of the old ways on how to do things, but it has been many years since I graduated and I'm sure the old ways are archaic. It would be brain refreshing to see some of your work. I have a brother-in-law that works out of Queens doing a whole bunch of studies with the MRI machine and spinal cord research (Dr. Patrick Stroman). The science part of me is so blasted away when I get a glimps of what he does. Horatio.

Yo,im James,im 13 and live in ireland.

I tag & spraypaint for people(like new skateparks)but its not really a job. :lol:

my hobbies include skateboarding,paintin,and bugs :D

i have a few mantids(i wud get more but my mom wont let me :? )

and a tanzanian red claw scorpion and i plan to get another one and have lots of little baby scorpions :D

well thats me in a nutshell!

P.S.Is anyone here on bebo?

i wud but i cant find the "sign up" button anywhere :lol:
It's the bright orange one. ;)

Picture1.png

Well I guess at 30 I'm one of the more 'senior' members of the forum....although believe it or not there may actually be some older than me....cou-dave-gh!!! :wink: I'm a 'mature' student studying Zoology and I currently keep:

Idolomantis diabolica

Creobroter gemmatus

Chilli the dog

Harry the Chinese hamster (supposedly a temporary lodger but looks like he's here to stay!)

I do a bit of part time work too to releive the burden on you tax payers :roll:

Cheers!

Alan
I am 42 years old, so I beat you there (although probably not in maturity :roll: ). I currently keep a few female chinese-

5 marble-

7 giant asian-

2 giant indian-

3 budwing-

9 african-

4 europeans-

Sorry but none are for sale, so don't PM me.

I am a nature conservationist and ranger. I am retired from a pesticide prevention job in the government. Asa is actually my real name believe it or not. Oh yeah, I am a male. 8)

Asa-got you beat by one year...I'm 43, aside from Mantids, my other

interests are Frogfish (still learning, don't own any yet) building models,

and old AMC cars...mainly Javelins. I currently have 6 Ghosts, 8 Orchids,

3 Wide Arm, 4 Giant Shields, 3 Devil Flowers. I own my own company in

Fort Worth, Texas, selling pigment for coloring concrete and mortar.

Maybe we should all quit our jobs and open a Mantis- Super Store

somewhere................

Asa-got you beat by one year...I'm 43, aside from Mantids, my otherinterests are Frogfish (still learning, don't own any yet) building models,

and old AMC cars...mainly Javelins. I currently have 6 Ghosts, 8 Orchids,

3 Wide Arm, 4 Giant Shields, 3 Devil Flowers. I own my own company in

Fort Worth, Texas, selling pigment for coloring concrete and mortar.

Maybe we should all quit our jobs and open a Mantis- Super Store

somewhere................
Kind of doubt anybody except us would buy from it though.

Latest posts