How old is everyone here? etc etc

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am 22.

I am the graphic artist for a little film distribution company here in Oregon. I make all their DVD's, brochures, biz cards, etc. Oh, and I create / upkeep their website.

My parents has a few cats, but I don't have any pets yet. You gotta love a rent free pad :D

I'm 33, married with 2 kids, ages 11 and 9. My kids love the mantids and so do I, but unfortunately, my husband doesn't. He is tolerating them but doesn't see my need to get more! :(

I've got these mantids: Pygmies, P. Spurca, PWs, B. Mendica, Chinese, European, African, Giant Indian, B. Borealis, S. Carolina, P. Paradoxa, T. Pantherina, and finally--some H. Coronatus!!

I also have two cats: one skinny, one fat.

Wow rlechols. I only have one species of mantids at present and my wife has concerns with the small amount of time I spend with them. My kids love them while my wife shows a slight tolerance for them. It looks like you have a pretty large collection there.

When I get sick of everything else I go and throw an insect in for one of my adult females. This may sound crazy but watching a mantis chomp down on another insect is kind of therapeutic. :?

Wow, I know what you mean! When everything else around is rotten, the fascination of observing these marvelous "critters" brings a little joy. If it weren't for the fact that my husband doesn't want to break my daughter's heart, he'd probably say, "No more mantids!" Although, he loves photography and has found there's always something interesting to photograph with exotic mantids around!

Good luck with your pets!

I'm 40, a SAHM and part time student. I have 1 husband, 2 kids, 1 chameleon, 1 golden skink, 1 salamander, 2 cats (1 skinny and 1 fat just like yours Rlechols), 8 chinese ooths, 1 Acanthops falcata and millions of fruit flies.

It's very difficult to find people (especially women) who share my interest in reptiles and insects so when I came across this forum I told my husband that I found "my people". Pretty exciting! Although my husband and kids like insects all of my friends think I'm crazy.

Meemee

i'm 23, turning 24 this oct. i graduated from UCI with a B.S. in computer science w/ a digital arts minor last june. i'm working part-time as a web developer/designer at two small start-ups at the moment. besides mantids, my other hobbies include collecting dvds, cds, photography, web design, billiards, and blogging. i also keep tropical fish and love live plants and freshwater shrimp. oh yea, i'm a father to my 1 year old pom/chi mix named joey.

p.s. after reading everyone's brief bios, i feel old. :cry:

22, will be 23 in a matter of days

i keep various mantises as pets , used to ahve a pond full of carp but they died

i work in the i.t trade nothing really great

Im 18 and new to the mantid scene but very expierenced with Centipedes and Trantulas. Have 3 mantids now but getting 4 more and 5 ooths in the near future. also an avid fish breeder. Bettas, cichlids, and koi are my specialtys.

Hi ,

I'm Neil , 17 and been keeping mantids for around 5-6 months . got my driving test soon ( hopefully a pass is in order ) and play Drums for Vacant Noise ( keep a look out for us in the next few years :lol: )

currantly working as a part time postie for royal mail ( yes i know there , try working for them :p ) will soon have an apprentischip as a car technician ( my one true talent ) 8)

raising a few species of mantids at the moment . nothing majorly exotic

Membranacea

Parviceps

Agriona

17, Student. I don't have a lot of money or space so I dont' have much yet. But I have a cat, three chinese mantids, a scorpion(but I'm giving it to a friend that likes them because he gave me one of my chinese), a green anole, and an indo-pacific gecko. Oh, and a borealis ooth that should either hatch or deside not to any day now.

Turn 45 tomorrow, keep 53 tarantula, have 5 marbled mantis, expecting 4 bud wings this week, 9 scorpions, 47 aquariums in a warehouse with fish, 6 snakes, various feeder colonies, 2 children, one leaving for vet school in two weeks( don't know why he wants to be an exotics vet - LOL),

2 Canary Island Mastiffs, 1 Cocker Spaniel who thinks he is a person. Self employed HVAC and appliance tech. Really enjoy this site.

I am 16 and i am a student

I have:

3 dogs

1 ferret

3 leos

1 armadillo lizard

and 3 mantids and 3 ooths

I am going into the US Marine Corp. after I get done with college, or maybe I can get them to pay for my college.

I am 16 and i am a studentI have:

3 dogs

1 ferret

3 leos

1 armadillo lizard

and 3 mantids and 3 ooths

I am going into the US Marine Corp. after I get done with college, or maybe I can get them to pay for my college.
Joining the military will get you college money and I personally would do the military stint before college for that reason. Also you can take classes while you are in the military and they will pay most if not all of it. I enjoyed my time in the military. College money is not the main reason you should join though. You should have a desire to serve your country.

18 and taking a year out before i ponder on going to uni and currently im in bar and cafe work, and i keep a little variety of animals...

mantids

chile rose

eri silk moths

ferret

22 border canaries (i breed and show)

and any where between 10-15 racing pigeons (mainly hartogs/jansens)

a dog (alsatian/lab/collie thing)

2 cats

and a french lop

but im sure that ill be gaining a few more at kempton on 6th oct!

im 10 :lol: I have three mantids a gray with green legs a chinese and a young green one wich I dont know what it is mi a student duh my birthday is January 17 and I play adventure quest and dragonfable

I'm new here, but might as well introduce myself....

I'm 21, an art student taking a little time off to get situated in my new place (hubby and I just moved). Current pets:

Brazilian rainbow boa

Leucistic black ratsnake

Saltwater reef aquarium

Freshwater South American cichlid/discus aquarium (in the works)

5 cats

...And soon, a mantis :D

I've always had an interest in mantids, especially the European praying mantids that we have around here. I'm thinking of catching a female next week, and hopefully she'll lay an ooth for me to raise. :) Or I'll just have to break down and buy one of those beautiful exotic mantids I see listed in the Classifieds here... :lol: