HOW TO MAKE YOUR MANTID A HEALTHY MANTID

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantid4life

Reaction score
I recently just found a 3" praying mantid in my room.

It is now named Uncle Albert and I love him!!

I need some advice on what I should feed him that will make him strong and healthy.

I fed him 2 crickets yesterday and he loved them.

Also, who lets their cricket roam around their house?

I am debating on whether or not it is a good idea or not.

I talked to this reptile expert today and she said that mantids in Quebec dont last through the winter.

If you are from north america or anywhere that has cold winters please let me know you stories!!!! or just in general!

Thanks fellow mantid keepers!

For all you need to keep your mantids healthy, buy the inexpensive book ($14), Praying Mantids Keeping Aliens by Orin, here: http://www.bugsincyberspace.com/browse1.htm Just scroll down to the mantis book on your left, It will answer questions that you have not even thought of asking yet!

Letting your mantis wander loose around the house (I assume that that is what you meant) is pretty risky. If he wandered into your house, he can wander out again or be eaten by any other pet you may have. I have had a wild caught mantis survive until the April of the following year. In the wild, it is usually the first hard frost that kills them, so keep your house frost free. If he survives into the winter, though, you will need a source of purchased or home raised prey. For one mantis, a few crix purchased once a week should do it.

Don't forget to introduce yourself on the appropriate forum, but meantime, welcome anyway! :D

So, seriously Phil, I just bought that book tonight from Peter's sight. Can't wait for it to get here!

Laura and Jesskb. There is an extra bonus to owning Orin's book. I advertise it here every month or two, and next time you read my spiel, you'll be able to feel Superior and Well Informed.

Laura and Jesskb. There is an extra bonus to owning Orin's book. I advertise it here every month or two, and next time you read my spiel, you'll be able to feel Superior and Well Informed.
laugh.gif

Latest posts