How's my house..?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I wish I had a normal thermometer in my apartment. We have a boiler system and dial numbered 1 through 10.. It's pretty wonky trying to keep it a steady temperature. :rolleyes:

i use a 100 watt for tropicals. i don't think 60 watt will cut it for idolos.

If you want to save some electricity, use 23 watt curly floros, one or two will produce quite a bit of heat, it's all I use anymore with a cheap shop light chrome clamp type.

Mid 80's low 90's is perfect for Idolo till they are ready to mate! So you should be good there. Don't go to high with the temp as it will shorten the life span a bit.

There are some pretty cheap digital thermometers from China offered on eBay. Mine only took a few days to get here. Another source is Petco has the stick on type. The best is to have the combination hydrometer and thermometer.

I've used the Caliber 3, with good results (thanks Phil). It's very small, but it doesn't like getting soaked. If you drench your tank, try the bulkier Taylor 1523 Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F0RBI8/ref=asc_df_B001F0RBI81754388/?tag=shopzilla_rev_274-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B001F0RBI8&linkCode=asn

I really like it, and I think I'm going on 7 months now, and haven't changed a battery yet. It has a probe on a long cable, if you want to leave it outside your enclosure, but that's only for the temp - not humidity. So I just toss the whole thing in there. It does, however, allow you to easily sample the temp at different heights in the enclosure. Just record a temp, reel it up an inch, and test again.

I would use some kind of exo terra terrarium.I have a nanocube and it's great.You probably would have to get a bigger size though.

There are some pretty cheap digital thermometers from China offered on eBay. Mine only took a few days to get here. Another source is Petco has the stick on type. The best is to have the combination hydrometer and thermometer.
I had one of those self stick thermometers once!But when I pulled it off the side of the terrarium, part of it stayed on and it looks really crappy.

I agree that the sticky ones are a cheap substitute for a real one. The one that I referred to as having come off an ebay deal is really the ticket if you do not need an instant reading, nor a probe. Mine does many functions and operated very nicely. It does temp, R/H, time, month and date, plus an alarm. All for $7 delivered.

Latest posts