Hysteresis' Mantis Stream - 2019

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the molts! Show us some pics!!!

- MantisGirl13
Well, today I got this nice surprise! My second female orchid molted to i6! So dainty! Wish she'd pick up some pink though.

20190226_003108~01.jpg

I redecorated their cups with some pink flowers. Hopefully this inspires them. Sorry about the frass.  I know y'all never get to see any mantis frass down south. 🤣

20190225_012022.jpg

Nice pictures! What is that black spot on the top of the league's abdomen? Mine don't have that.

- MantisGirl13

BBF Spikes should be here tomorrow. How exciting!

Entering a new era of feeding. So much more convenient than hand feeding grubs and waxworms.

I'll keep some 1/4 pins on hand for the smaller guys that like crawlers. And if course, waxworms for guys going into a molt.

Last edited by a moderator:
The size difference between molts always impresses me. 

And have fun with the BSF’s! I loved them while I had them, but I was too lazy to get them a proper breeding setup, so they are no more  :mellow:  They’re not hard to breed from what I’ve read, though.

And have fun with the BSF’s! I loved them while I had them, but I was too lazy to get them a proper breeding setup, so they are no more  :mellow:  They’re not hard to breed from what I’ve read, though.
The BSFs arent coming up. *shrugs*

I found a US seller that has shipped me 1000 BBF spikes. Should have them tomorrow.

Its possible ive 'mistimed' the BSF development and they arent done yet.

We'll see. TY tho. 👏😁

@River Dane My remaining gongy, the male, has molted today and he's much larger than he was. I really hope he gets eating. Still frazzled over losing his girlfriend.

Im still amazed with every mantis molt.

Miss Thistle (no, these aren't real names), my original female is i6. I have two good females and one male.

Plus, I have one mismolted female. Hope she makes it. She was free.

Anyways, my first thistle girl. Maybe she'll eat tomorrow. Need to fatten her up post-molt.

20190302_143303.jpg

20190302_143114.jpg

I don't know. These are T. pantherinas.

Genders may have got mixed in the shipping, and i'm not sure of their instars.

I'll figure it out after.

A few photos:

-1-

20190302_143539.jpg

-2- (Oh! The colours!)

20190302_144631.jpg

-3-

20190302_144605.jpg

-4-

20190302_144946.jpg

The mantids are beautiful! I love the colors on the panthers!! 

- MantisGirl13

Thanks @MantisGirl13.

I think I have a pretty good lot right now.

Id grab a suitable truncata male, and a suitable gongy female if opportunity presents, but thats about it for now.

Oh, except idolo. I may really put my team of secret super agents out looking for idolos later in March, or early April.

Im pulling down my truncata female for a feed later. Ill snap a couple photos. She's VERY cool IMO.