Hysteresis' Mantis Stream - 2019

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gongy buds are small. Yeah they're quite prominent, just small in size. Does that sound about right? 
Man, I was trippin'.

I took his flies out, and got him out for photos. BIG buds.

20190419_161232.jpg

I have a theory on bleph mismolts. Maybe the metal screen vented lids aren't so great. When they start sliding out, and they get their rear legs out, if they lose grip with one middle leg, that's almost sure to be a mismolt. They'd be unable to generate the force vectors so as to slide out of those huge raps and middle legs. This could definitely explain why both my females mismolted the way they did.

@MantisGirl13 mentioned it yesterday, and it stuck in my mind. I just assume metal mesh like mine would be excellent. Darn. Live and learn.

So, i've lined his lid with organza. I have a synthetic translucent white organza so it's clear, doesn't mold easily, and washes perfectly.

Also, I have my hygrometer and temp probe right inside the arrangement. 35-50 is easy to generate but it dries up (locally) so easily under heat. I don't feel like cutting another cup with smaller mesh on the sides, and I don't want to wrap it in cling wrap. So, this will do.

20190419_234002.jpg

I really want this dude to molt to adult. blephs are beautiful. I'll let one of the kids name him. I don't name nymphs anymore. LoL. Unless a kid wants to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, fren 😊 I have been around less lately. Still checking in and trying to help, though! 
For sure! You helped me out just today!

I threw those two new males into the deep fryer. Get them with wings ASAP.

I want four more males. Three to slow down for my new females, and one to speed up. Two groups going in.

Many thanks to you, and @MantisGirl13.

Oh. And by the way @Graceface...

Those corks are freakin' cuuuute!  :punk:
Thanks! A passion I developed around 6-7 years ago during down time at work. Ive considered making more detailed characters for a long time, and I finally decided to go all in on my cork people. 

I'd make a mantis, but it's too hard lol. I did a beekeeper, though 😊 

_20190420_083353.JPG

Thanks everyone! I'll have to find a way to incorporate mantids into a cork person 😊

I'm still lurking around here, just less frequently than I have been, in recent days, and with tiny cork people beside me lol

Needs some more decoration! It's rather bare...

- MantisGirl13
Yeh just set it up now. Wanted to get her back into something with room. The mega has her nano tall, and she's gonna molt. Doesn't want food. Not even flies. Her buds are swollen. 

Anyways yeah, she'll have some sticks too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That one is called Poultryclucka dinneria. Commonly found in grocery stores, very large, usually eaten cooked with potatoes and onions. 

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts