Hysteresis' Mantis Stream - 2019

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And finally a matured female spiny! 😁

20190430_215549.jpg

20190430_215540.jpg

To those that don't yet know, I lost my last remaining sub thistle to mismolt. That's s 3 for 3.

I am dumbfounded and totally at a loss. Perhaps this species MUST be kept with a substrate? Perhaps I need an even better molting material at the lid. It was organza this time, and at the end he was hanging by just one leg.

Total mismolt, just like the other two. 

😩

Sorry for your loss. :( not fun to loose your last thistle to a mismolt too. I have no experience with this species. I dont know if they need a substrate. *hugs*

Thanks @Little Mantis. *hugs back*

I'd been using moistened cotton pads but pulled it out a couple of days back gaining confidence in what I've read - thistles don't need added moisture. 😩

I think the molting surface was good. I just don't know anymore. 

I have a half dozen more thistle i2 nymphs coming next week. 

I'll keep trying, and won't move on to idolos until I figure out the thistles. 

I do have a second freshly matured female spiny though, and my second freshly matured male orchid. 

So both the orchid and spiny machines have wheels now. 

👊😎

Sorry about your male thistle. Gosh, I hope my pair molt ok! You aren't giving me much hope! 

- MantisGirl13

Sorry about your male thistle. Gosh, I hope my pair molt ok! You aren't giving me much hope! 

- MantisGirl13
Thank you. I don't know what to do besides actually using a substrate regularly to ensure I'm at 35-50pct under heat.

I have 7 thistle babies. They're coming Wednesday or so (along with many others). I will try this again. 😊

Latest posts