I Found One *Updated: Pictures*

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are planning to leave the ooth outdoor, try to provide a fine net screen (preferable metal like aluminium) around the ooth to avoid parasitic wasp from laying eggs inside the ooth, these wasps are small and pesky. Capable of making holes through plastic bag.

I have taken the ooth and taped the attached screen to the lid of a 32oz deli cup. I put about 6 tiny pinholes for air in the lid, gave it a mist, and put it outside.

Also, the female carolina who laid the ooth has died. I didn't figure she had much time left. I'm just glad she had one more ooth in her first.

Ok this is crazy. She wasn't dead. I thought she was when I came home and found her on her back with her legs curled in at the bottom of the cup. So I took her outside and dumped her over the fence into my neighbor's bushes.

Today I came home and let my dogs out into the backyard to see her, not hidden in a tree or bushes, but standing on my back porch. I took a couple pictures of he where I found her and then moved her to a bush in my backyard that should keep her safe from my dogs. I was just so amazed. I'm pretty sure it's her because she had that dark spot on her one wing. She's a little lighter colored now, but she's still hanging around. Unbelievable.

Anyway... here's the pics.

8d11157858f2.jpg

85a41a77b5eb.jpg

b4bbcdc3f0dd.jpg

I doubt its the same one. They all have that dark spot on the wings.

Oh... I guess you're probably right. It's just that I've never seen one around the house ever before and it just happens that a few weeks after I released a supposed dead one near the house, I see one climbing on my back porch. I didn't even have to be looking for this one. I thought it was more than merely coincidental.

Latest posts